When running through LG on your PTs... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

When running through LG on your PTs...

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed May 25, 2011 12:43 pm

When running through your LG on your PTs, do you take a brief glance at each game to get a feel for the whole section? Or do you immediately plunge into a game without surveying the others? My LG is good right now (-0/-1) but I'm curious how some others tackle the section. My preference is to survey each game to know what I'm up against and choose which game I'd like to start on (this takes about 1-1.5 minutes)

99.9luft

Silver

Re: When running through LG on your PTs...

Post by 99.9luft » Wed May 25, 2011 12:55 pm

No, I dive in. Flipping back and forth would make me waste time (1.5 mins is precious to me), aside from the obvious reading of the games to understand which type they are. Hope the studying is going well!

HFF

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Wed May 25, 2011 12:59 pm

I dive right in. The first game is usually the easiest anyway.

I'd be curious if anyone glances over things in RC. I usually just go in the order they're presented, but yesterday that screwed me royally. The first one was comparative and took me over 10 minutes to complete, forcing me to rush the rest (and thus miss a ton of questions).

seancris

Silver

Post by seancris » Wed May 25, 2011 1:30 pm

The first thing I do is record what time to finish each game, which takes 20-30 seconds and then I try to structure my games 7:30, 8, 8, 10:30. I've always done this 1-4 no matter what game type. This way I ensure that I've had time to diagram each game and become very familiar with it and usually answer all the questions, and since the last game has 10:30 there's no chance of running out of time and not being able to give the last game a fair shot. Finishing early would give me a chance to go back and answer questions that I might have been unsure about.

Assigning these times by order of difficulty rather than 1-4 sounds like it would be a good idea for someone who tends to fall behind in terms of time and ends up having to rush or guess through an easy game due to struggling on a more difficult game type. This has been happening to me occasionally which is why I set up my system which simply doesn't allow me to spend too long on an early game. The idea behind mine is that If you're going to struggle and take 10-11 minutes on a certain game and probably miss a few points in the process, you don't want to miss even more points on one of your strongest games just because it was #4 and you spent too long struggling with #2.

TBH, I probably would just glance at 1 & 2, since they're both open on the page and decide which one I want to do first. This process should only take 30 seconds or so. If you end up with spare time due to finishing an easy game first, you can glance at the next page and take 30 seconds to decide which order to do the next three.

YaSvoboden

Bronze

Post by YaSvoboden » Thu May 26, 2011 4:46 am

If your system is getting you -0 or -1, keep it up. I figure that I am aiming for -0 on games so I am gonna have to do them all anyway and better get going. I also think I would misbubble if I skipped around a lot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”