Study Plan Oct 2011

Attorney at Play

Study Plan Oct 2011

Postby Attorney at Play » Wed May 25, 2011 4:06 am

Hey everyone,

I was wondering what people think is a better approach... I'll begin studying for the upcoming Oct 2011 LSAT starting in June, so I'll have about 4 months of study time. I have some previous lsat study experience with blueprint, and I have access to blueprint the movie for my study period. Now will get lsat bibles and am thinking a good plan is either to:
1) Break up the study by section to month. (perhaps Reading comp - June, Logic Games - July, Logical Reasoning - August, Full review - September)
2) Study every section equally every month, or
3) Focus primarily on one section type each month, while doing a bit of work for the other sections as well.

Also,
How many practice tests should I be taking and how frequently?
Anybody else have good/bad experience with lsat bibles or blueprint the movie?

I heard some people study primarily by taking many tests and reviewing them in depth. I do not know whether or not that is typically to the exclusion of other study aid material. Any thoughts as to what is the best approach from those mentioned, or if anyone has other recommendations or ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

shoeshine

Re: Study Plan Oct 2011

Postby shoeshine » Wed May 25, 2011 4:12 am

Attorney at Play wrote:Hey everyone,

I was wondering what people think is a better approach... I'll begin studying for the upcoming Oct 2011 LSAT starting in June, so I'll have about 4 months of study time. I have some previous lsat study experience with blueprint, and I have access to blueprint the movie for my study period. Now will get lsat bibles and am thinking a good plan is either to:
1) Break up the study by section to month. (perhaps Reading comp - June, Logic Games - July, Logical Reasoning - August, Full review - September)
3) Focus primarily on one section type each month, while doing a bit of work for the other sections as well.

Also,

I heard some people study primarily by taking many tests and reviewing them in depth. I do not know whether or not that is typically to the exclusion of other study aid material. Any thoughts as to what is the best approach from those mentioned, or if anyone has other recommendations or ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Do each bible entirely.

Study every section equally every month.

and take every released PT 1-60.

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Wed May 25, 2011 5:04 am

Shoeshine kinda nailed it. Also, more full PTs closer to the test, more drilling question types at the beginning.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 am

Also, lsatblog has some good study schedules :-)

170hopeful

Postby 170hopeful » Wed May 25, 2011 10:19 am

^^^^ I second this. I'm currently using Steve's 5 month study schedule. My first LSAT exam score before any real prep was a 145. I took a recent PT this week, and scored a 158. It has only been a month now. I'm sure i've got some more in me.

kapachino

Postby kapachino » Wed May 25, 2011 11:52 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Also, lsatblog has some good study schedules :-)

Yes, yes, and yes. I no longer feel like I'm drowning and like I don't know what to do because of lsatblog. Just follow the schedules.

cfrob14

Postby cfrob14 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:47 am

Also,

Thanks!

Same boat as you. Go to lsatblag, as mentioned by other posters, and look at study schedules. You'll find stuff that works for you and stuff that doesn't. I believe you can also pay for detailed study schedules.

Attorney at Play

Postby Attorney at Play » Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 am

Thanks for the advice everybody. Can anybody recommend the most economical way I can obtain all 60 practice tests?

Thanks

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:40 am

Yesterday I bought them all from the actual LSAC site for $200. But I'm not sure if there are any other more economical ways to obtain them.. I just had a nervous breakdown and acted on impulse lol.

Good luck to us!

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 am

Amazon

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Tue May 31, 2011 4:52 am

Also,

Thanks!

Devote your earliest and greatest amount of time to your weakest section and/or LR. LR counts for half of your score, so it's an important section regardless of your strengths. LG's are LG's. They are somewhat easier than they were a few years ago, so if you are pretty good at those, you may be able to hold off a bit. RC gives people fits these days, so I say devote good early time to RC all things held eqaul. In other words, don't worry troo much about LG's early on unless they are a weakness for you.

The best approach is really to practice it all on a steady schedule...alternate by week instead of month. Later in the summer, alternate daily, so everything stays fresh and you can put it all together mentally when you take your exams.

Attorney at Play

Postby Attorney at Play » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:18 am

thanks for the good advice pdaddy. my weakest section is reading comp, as I am not the fastest reader, but i'm working at it. my strongest is logical reasoning and games getting better. when taking the diag, i didn't finish any section. now, I can finish logical reasoning and games most of the time. reading comp I was never able to fully complete all 4 passages until the last test I took. i feel like i'm getting closer each time. to improve reading comp, would you recommend just reading more books throughout the summer, articles like the economist/scientific american, using a particular recommended lsat reading comp workbook, or focusing on doing as many lsat reading comp passages as I can?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”