seancris

Postby seancris » Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Last edited by seancris on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Re: What would you make of these results going into June?

Postby tmon » Tue May 24, 2011 11:16 pm

With that GPA, and shooting for a school that has a median LSAT like that you should be able to get a pretty great scholarship if your lsat is also high. Those schools tend not to be as competitive, admissions-wise either, so if you were to take the October test, that'd be fine, I think. However, those schools probably also don't care if you have a couple scores on your report. Take in June, and retake if a few points would net you much more.

You could also set your goals significantly higher, study seriously over the summer, and quite possibly get T-14 with that GPA and a 170(+) LSAT. But you decide your goals, of course.

You should also seriously consider taking some newer tests. The RC section has a different passage type than you're seeing in those, games have changed, etc.

seancris

Postby seancris » Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 am

Last edited by seancris on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmon

Postby tmon » Wed May 25, 2011 11:53 am

I'm not familiar with Kaplan's LG terminology. What do the games involve? I'm 100% sure though that it is covered in another book, but at this point it's going to be tough to learn totally new techniques if you're sitting for June.

By "matching" do they mean matching variables into groups? For instance, you have have seven fruits that need to go in one of three bowls?

If you're committed to trying to change your strategy (and that might be wise given many opinions on Kaplan's methods) I'd suggest looking for Powerscore's Logic Games Bible. It's widely agreed to be the best LG source. If you were to take in October, I would definitely urge you to read this book as thoroughly as possible, for the record.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Can you supply at PT reference (PT# or Month and year) and game number for one or a few of the games of the type you are having trouble with? I'm pretty sure I understand the variety you are talking about but it's good to read a reference example or two before writing up and posting specific advice.

seancris

Postby seancris » Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”