2 weeks left and still not stable

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JD=Doctor

Bronze

2 weeks left and still not stable

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun May 22, 2011 1:54 am

Last week i got the highest i ever got on PT

Lr1 -2
Lr2 -2
LG -0
RC -3

My LR fluctuates from -3 to -6 total for both sections combined
my games are -0 and sometime an error or 2

the prob is my reading comp ... the above was great my last 2 PTs were -8 and -9 which butchered my scores..

i range from -3 to -9 on RC How should i devote my study time with RC this week - as in how should i approach it?

soj

Platinum

Re: 2 weeks left and still not stable

Postby soj » Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 am

Your LR fluctuations are completely normal. Focus on individual questions that were tough and make sure you fully understand them.

Keep working hard on LG to secure that -0 on test day. Be more vigilant and make fewer mistakes, but that's obvious.

RC is tough, and that kind of score variation isn't too uncommon. I have huge variations in RC myself. It's so hard because you're the only one who can evaluate and improve your strategy here. Drilling (i.e. doing more than 1-2 consecutive RC sections, followed by extensive review) might help.

justbubbles

Bronze

Postby justbubbles » Sun May 22, 2011 4:04 am

I agree with the above poster's advice. That's solid.

I'm more or less in the same ballpark as OP. That said, some comments and questions to OP and others:

1. LR: -2/-3 (average) to -6 (on a bad day) is pretty much common for me as well. I'm sure it's for everyone else as well. '
Question: OP, are your LR errors in the last questions 20+ and above? Or a mixed bag with some careless mistakes early on?

2. RC: Yep, I agree with the above poster on this one. RC, I think, is challenging for mostly everyone. :(
Question: OP, are getting more wrongs on the passages that are not your forte? eg. science type, boring history/literature type passages?

3. LG: LG is my strong point as well. I've had -0's in the past few latest PTs now. :lol: Although, I wouldn't be too confident on the -0s. On test day anything can happen.
Question: OP, for LGs, are you getting stuck on the new "rule substitution" type questions? I hate those!!! Arrgh! :x

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Postby JD=Doctor » Sun May 22, 2011 5:33 am

justbubbles wrote:I agree with the above poster's advice. That's solid.

I'm more or less in the same ballpark as OP. That said, some comments and questions to OP and others:

1. LR: -2/-3 (average) to -6 (on a bad day) is pretty much common for me as well. I'm sure it's for everyone else as well. '
Question: OP, are your LR errors in the last questions 20+ and above? Or a mixed bag with some careless mistakes early on?

2. RC: Yep, I agree with the above poster on this one. RC, I think, is challenging for mostly everyone. :(
Question: OP, are getting more wrongs on the passages that are not your forte? eg. science type, boring history/literature type passages?

3. LG: LG is my strong point as well. I've had -0's in the past few latest PTs now. :lol: Although, I wouldn't be too confident on the -0s. On test day anything can happen.
Question: OP, for LGs, are you getting stuck on the new "rule substitution" type questions? I hate those!!! Arrgh! :x

1. tend to be after Q#15 (when i check the clock for the first time to see if i did 15 questions in 16minutes) its tends to be #17 and #22 for example

2. I will check for parallels but when i get a bad score its usually a result of 2 passages messing me over

3. Those if approached correctly can be your easiest question. PM me a certain game and ill try and show you

sonervous88

Bronze

Postby sonervous88 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 am

don't know if this is helpful but the last few weeks before i was taking it i was ranging 170-179. i think not being so stable is normal. but i could be wrong. if it makes you feel better i ended with a 172, so it was the lower end of my scale but not the bottom.

jim-green

Silver

Postby jim-green » Sun May 22, 2011 9:40 am

sonervous88 wrote:don't know if this is helpful but the last few weeks before i was taking it i was ranging 170-179. i think not being so stable is normal. but i could be wrong. if it makes you feel better i ended with a 172, so it was the lower end of my scale but not the bottom.
I sympathize completely. Prior to Feb 2011 LSAT, I was ranging 160-170, and ended up with 160. Same thing happening again this time. I'll try and use the advice above.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�