Should I Buy...

psm11

Should I Buy...

Postby psm11 » Sun May 22, 2011 12:21 am

Okay, so I am going to re-take the LSAT this October and was wondering if it would be worth the money to purchase the PowerScore book series on LG, LR, and RC. I have already taken a Kaplan LSAT prep course last summer and still have all the books from the class. Is the PowerScore series that much different in its approach to each respective section than the Kaplan books?

JamMasterJ

Re: Should I Buy...

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun May 22, 2011 12:31 am

psm11 wrote:Okay, so I am going to re-take the LSAT this October and was wondering if it would be worth the money to purchase the PowerScore book series on LG, LR, and RC. I have already taken a Kaplan LSAT prep course last summer and still have all the books from the class. Is the PowerScore series that much different in its approach to each respective section than the Kaplan books?

If your score is at least 160, I would buy the manhattan guides. If not, get PS's LRB and LGB as well as the Manhattan RC guide

echo

Postby echo » Sun May 22, 2011 12:43 am

psm11 wrote:Okay, so I am going to re-take the LSAT this October and was wondering if it would be worth the money to purchase the PowerScore book series on LG, LR, and RC. I have already taken a Kaplan LSAT prep course last summer and still have all the books from the class. Is the PowerScore series that much different in its approach to each respective section than the Kaplan books?

Do you know the breakdown of your score on the previous test? I found the LGB incredibly helpful, but that may just be because LG was my worst section to start with. I thought the LRB was helpful, and used the RCB much less. I have not used Manhattan, but others seem to recommend them as well so if I decide to write a second time I will be picking up their RC guide at the very least.

I definitely think my investment in the Bibles was worth it, given how important even a few points on the LSAT can be.

psm11

Postby psm11 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:26 pm

echo wrote:

Do you know the breakdown of your score on the previous test? I found the LGB incredibly helpful, but that may just be because LG was my worst section to start with. I thought the LRB was helpful, and used the RCB much less. I have not used Manhattan, but others seem to recommend them as well so if I decide to write a second time I will be picking up their RC guide at the very least.

I definitely think my investment in the Bibles was worth it, given how important even a few points on the LSAT can be.

LG was my worst section and is where I can make the most improvement. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow and going to take a look at those.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”