LR question

tmc07d

LR question

Postby tmc07d » Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Quick question regarding LR. The questions I tend to get wrong come down to 2 maybe 3 contenders and when put in a situation like that im having a hard time deciding the correct choice. Is their any advice anyone can give me on how to approach the answers when only a couple remain? Ive tried re-reading the stimulus or prephrasing again but it still doesnt help me for some reason. Any advice is MUCH appreciated. Thanks alot.

JamMasterJ

Re: LR question

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat May 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Hard to tell without specific examples. On certain question types, you can look for overly strong language or extraneous information that makes an answer incorrect. The difference between TCR and a wrong answer can be subtle, but there is always one right answer and four wrong answers.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon May 23, 2011 1:05 pm

What JamMasterJ said. If any word in an answer choice seems out of place to you, check to see how the stimulus deals with it. I find that many of my students who have the same problem are equivocating between terms.

j12

Postby j12 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Think hard about any use of the words many, most, all, never, always, not, etc.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Mon May 23, 2011 2:06 pm

I agree with the above posters. When down to 2 or 3, stop looking for reasons why one is more right. Instead, focusing on eliminating the ones that are more wrong. Those quantity words (all, most, some, etc...) are often the culprit - the reason why that particular answer choice is wrong.

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Mon May 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Word strength is huge here. Just like everyone said. I also find it helpful to identify the conclusion again and make sure that the responses relate to it, depending on question type of course.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”