princeton review

Sheendream

princeton review

Postby Sheendream » Wed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

Using the princeton review book...got 12 out of 25 on first LR section, no prep...just took the section at the end of chapter one which identifies and explains all the different types of arguments, and I got 4 out of 13. Is this normal or am I doing something ridiculously wrong? I know princeton review sucks, but my undergrad offers an LSAT prep class that runs from May 16th-June 4th, 6 days a week and this is the book they use. I have the LRB and LGB for this summer, but I haven't looked at them yet. I have no prior LSAT prep; I winged the first test, got a 145, and am now following the Princeton review book for the next three weeks. Do you guys think it will be difficult to go from the Princeton review to the LRB and LGB methods? I'm bummed out about my score with Princeton.

Anthony Russomanno

Re: princeton review

Postby Anthony Russomanno » Wed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Of course I beg to differ about TPR in conjunction with sucks. I think our books are very user friendly. With that said, it is very normal to have low scores as you attempt practice sections or a practice LSAT without formal prep. Did you enroll in the course on campus? By the way, what campus do you attend? Is it a Princeton Review course or one run by the school? My suggestion would be to try some formal prep such as this course. Tackling the LSAT on your own is very difficult even for the most discplined students. Swtching methods over the summer is not ideal. Once you have some formal prep under your belt, hopefully you will actually have some methods for approaching the question types and then you can continue to practice work all summer to hit your goal score - by the way, what is your goal score? If you are starting with a 145, then it will require a lot of work to gain substantial improvement so feel free to give me a call at 888-758-7737 x5027 and I can help discuss a plan to help hit your goal or give you some advice.

Thanks,
Anthony Russomanno
The Princeton Review - National Director of Education Partnerships

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”