Is it better to take a prep course right before the LSAT or

JustSomebody

Is it better to take a prep course right before the LSAT or

Postby JustSomebody » Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 am

take one that ends about a month before the LSAT so you have time to go over stuff before the actual test?

I'm going to take the October 1 LSAT and I can either take a prep course through July and August, leaving September free to review concepts, or take one that goes through August and September so that I don't forget anything prior to the test.

At this point, I know that I need a prep course to give me the discipline to actually buckle down and prep for the test.

wojo96

Re: Is it better to take a prep course right before the LSAT or

Postby wojo96 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:14 am

Personal preference. IMO, the only way to master the test is to drill yourself independently, so I would find that extra "free time" without the interference of class invaluable.

bp shinners

Re: Is it better to take a prep course right before the LSAT or

Postby bp shinners » Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Our classes go right up to the week before the test, so we obviously recommend a prep class that goes until the big day. Especially if maintaining discipline is a problem - you'll be better off staying in a class the whole time.

That being said, most of the last month of our courses is reviewing concepts and practicing/working on timing (and picking up the small tricks that get you through the mauve dinos of the world). It definitely helps to augment that with self-study.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”