Oct. Retake: Bibles + TM Course?

iMisto

Oct. Retake: Bibles + TM Course?

Postby iMisto » Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm looking to retake in Oct. Last year, scored a defeating 157 with little/no prep.

I will be signing up for a TM full-length course running from late July into late September, but I'm uncomfortable putting all my eggs in one basket. I would really like to begin prepping independently ASAP.

I took some time reviewing Pithypike's study guide and liked what I saw. However, since I will be taking the TM full-length course in the coming months, I think I could edit the schedule/materials.

At the moment, I have the following in my Amazon Cart:

PowerScore LRB
PowerScore LGB
10 More Actual, Official LSAT PTs
The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PTs
The Official LSAT SuperPrep
10 Actual, Official Recent LSAT PTs, 41-50

Will these suffice? Should I scrap some of these for the PowerScore workbooks? Maybe I could stick with the bibles and pick up a couple books with PTs to use? Or should I just get the bibles and their corresponding workbooks?

I'd really appreciate a thorough response to my situation! Thanks in advance for all the help!

flexityflex86

Re: Oct. Retake: Bibles + TM Course?

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:08 pm

iMisto wrote:I'm looking to retake in Oct. Last year, scored a defeating 157 with little/no prep.

I will be signing up for a TM full-length course running from late July into late September, but I'm uncomfortable putting all my eggs in one basket. I would really like to begin prepping independently ASAP.

I took some time reviewing Pithypike's study guide and liked what I saw. However, since I will be taking the TM full-length course in the coming months, I think I could edit the schedule/materials.

At the moment, I have the following in my Amazon Cart:

PowerScore LRB
PowerScore LGB
10 More Actual, Official LSAT PTs
The Next 10 Actual, Official LSAT PTs
The Official LSAT SuperPrep
10 Actual, Official Recent LSAT PTs, 41-50

Will these suffice? Should I scrap some of these for the PowerScore workbooks? Maybe I could stick with the bibles and pick up a couple books with PTs to use? Or should I just get the bibles and their corresponding workbooks?

I'd really appreciate a thorough response to my situation! Thanks in advance for all the help!

I think the work books are a waste unless you're so inept you can't just test yourself on the concepts with relevant questions you find on your own.

But the Reading Comp Bible would also be very useful. Don't make the mistake of forgetting about that section. It is the underrated monster of the LSAT.

Tests 51-63 would be great too, but don't worry about those till late August.

TheKingintheNorth

Postby TheKingintheNorth » Mon May 16, 2011 11:43 pm

The workbooks and explanations (in the workbooks) are the best part of Powerscore's bibles. The above poster is either a troll or "inept" himself.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue May 17, 2011 12:42 am

The biggest omission is the new PTs. There is a new 10 pack on the LSAT website (for some reason it's not on the US Amazon site yet). The newer PTs are especially valuable for the comparative reading passages.

glewz

Postby glewz » Tue May 17, 2011 12:47 am

Keep in mind that you'll be rehashing a lot of the materials. Not a terrible thing, but your scores during the TM course might be inflated by a few points.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 am

TheKingintheNorth wrote:The workbooks and explanations (in the workbooks) are the best part of Powerscore's bibles. The above poster is either a troll or "inept" himself.

I just think this is all info you can get on your own if you want to save money.

iMisto

Postby iMisto » Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 am

Alright, so I'll snag the bibles and their workbooks, as well as the most recent PT from LSAT site. Should I pick up another set of tests just to work through? ie. The Next 10 Actual, Official? Or the SuperPrep??

iMisto

Postby iMisto » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

What about this:

PS Bibles (LG/LR) & their corresponding workbooks.

LSAT SuperPrep
10 New Actual LSAT PrepTests (52-61)

and my full-length TM course.

What do you guys think?? :?:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”