Just starting to study, I NEED HELP!

dsosah

Just starting to study, I NEED HELP!

Postby dsosah » Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Hello everybody, I am just starting to study for the LSAT, I am not done with my undergad degree for about a year and a half yet, but I want to start early. I will really appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback on the best books, materials for studying, and the methods of studying that have worked for you. I need some guidance in how to start because I am kind of lost, I took the sample test that I found in the LSAT website, downloaded a few apps on my phone and that's about it. I'm planning to start on my own, I do not think I want to take any courses yet, but I do not want to buy any books until I hear from your experiences on what works best. I appreciate your help!

D.

99.9luft

Re: Just starting to study, I NEED HELP!

Postby 99.9luft » Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 pm

dsosah wrote:Hello everybody, I am just starting to study for the LSAT, I am not done with my undergad degree for about a year and a half yet, but I want to start early. I will really appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback on the best books, materials for studying, and the methods of studying that have worked for you. I need some guidance in how to start because I am kind of lost, I took the sample test that I found in the LSAT website, downloaded a few apps on my phone and that's about it. I'm planning to start on my own, I do not think I want to take any courses yet, but I do not want to buy any books until I hear from your experiences on what works best. I appreciate your help!

D.

no. enjoy life (if you don't have one, get one ASAP), take at least one year off, during which you can start studying. k bye.

dpk711

Re: Just starting to study, I NEED HELP!

Postby dpk711 » Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm

99.9luft wrote:
dsosah wrote:Hello everybody, I am just starting to study for the LSAT, I am not done with my undergad degree for about a year and a half yet, but I want to start early. I will really appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback on the best books, materials for studying, and the methods of studying that have worked for you. I need some guidance in how to start because I am kind of lost, I took the sample test that I found in the LSAT website, downloaded a few apps on my phone and that's about it. I'm planning to start on my own, I do not think I want to take any courses yet, but I do not want to buy any books until I hear from your experiences on what works best. I appreciate your help!

D.

no. enjoy life (if you don't have one, get one ASAP), take at least one year off, during which you can start studying. k bye.

This is kind of a dick response, ignore him OP.

I would actually get all the bibles (LR,LG, and RC) those are really good. Also, get as many real LSAT prep tests as possible. I say do all 60 or so of them starting from the old ones if you have time. Of course the older they get the more different, but it will be better than nothing. Conceptually, the LSAT hasn't changed too much since 1992 although sections like the RC have become more dense and difficult in recent times. As for an LSAT course, I do not necessarily recommend them -- I have found self study to be the most efficient for me, although that can be different from person to person. If you really do have to take a course I would avoid Kaplan.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”