Has the LSAT "shifted" again?

BillsFan9907

Has the LSAT "shifted" again?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:36 pm

For the three real LSAT books, there seems to be a shift in the games between them. The Blue book, for example, emphasizes a lot of numerical distribution (if this one and this one are gone and I have these left, which ones can I pick). The Green one contains more undefined games. Has there been any shift in the games since 2007 (when they changed the test via the reading comp)?

Jeffort

Re: Has the LSAT "shifted" again?

Postby Jeffort » Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Seoulless wrote:For the three real LSAT books, there seems to be a shift in the games between them. The Blue book, for example, emphasizes a lot of numerical distribution (if this one and this one are gone and I have these left, which ones can I pick). The Green one contains more undefined games. Has there been any shift in the games since 2007 (when they changed the test via the reading comp)?

FYI, LSAC recently released a 4th 10 Actual LSATs book that contains PrepTests 52-61. It's not available on amazon yet but you can order it directly from LSAC. I'm not sure which ones you are referring to based on the color of the covers since LSAC changes the cover art/color schemes occasionally.

If your question is based on trying to predict what types and difficulty level games you are likely to encounter on an upcoming test in order to guide your study time, the answer is that it is unpredictable.

You should make sure you are familiar with and prepared to handle all the game types and variations that have appeared on previous tests administered since 1991. For all we know a circular sequencing game could get unleashed to make an appearance on any future test.

Numerical distribution is and has been a heavily and frequently tested concept from June 1991 up to now and there is no reason to think it is going away. It is a staple bread and butter concept the LSAT LG sections regularly test students ability to deal with and is tested in some way in every LG section.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”