PT39, LG #2 (Killer Logic Game)

February1088

PT39, LG #2 (Killer Logic Game)

Postby February1088 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:43 pm

This logic game KILLED me. It's the one about Capital Enterprises and Conferences

I understand that there are 3 days and 3 sessions in each day, meaning 9 slots. Each participant goes to 2 sessions, so that's 6 sessions "used up". But this is complicated by the fact that each session can be shared with another participant. So theoretically, at least 3 sessions out of the 3 days has to be "used up"

How did you guys diagram this one?
Last edited by February1088 on Fri May 13, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February1088

Re: PT39, LG #2 (Killer Logic Game)

Postby February1088 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Oh btw, the first question to this game that asks what's the max number of sessions attended by at least one Capital employee
I don't understand the phrasing of this sentence. What's the max number of sessions 1 employee can go to? 2, which is given. What does it mean by "at least one"?

davesmystery

Postby davesmystery » Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 pm

I just did the game because it initially didn't seem to make sense, however it's just a grouping game with a lot of different possible outcomes depending on whether a session is attended by one or two people. Most of the questions seem to be a if/then which helps a lot. I diagrammed it with H,I,R vertically and Days 1,2,3 horizontally with two spaces for each day/session.

#1 is just asking how many sessions could be attended by two people, six is the answer of course since T is the only person who could attend investing, which removes three from the total nine. The rest of the questions just require some visualization of the concepts of the game and doing a quick hypo to see what will and won't work for any given question.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 am

February1088 wrote:Oh btw, the first question to this game that asks what's the max number of sessions attended by at least one Capital employee
I don't understand the phrasing of this sentence. What's the max number of sessions 1 employee can go to? 2, which is given. What does it mean by "at least one"?

This is a commonly complained about game. People frequently get freaked out by it because there are not many absolute deductions available to figure out from the rules/stimulus to diagram into your set-up before diving into the questions.

The first question is asking for the maximum number of the nine sessions that can be attended by at least one of the three employees Capital Enterprises sent. 3 employees, each attends 2 sessions, so the total is 6 since there are no rules or deductions that force the employees to pair up and attend any one or more of the 9 available sessions together.

The math is easy but the question stem certainly tests grammar skills (RC) to penalize people that interpret it incorrectly. You have to read very carefully and critically every step of the way on the LSAT, it tests your reading comprehension skills in every section.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Sun May 15, 2011 5:22 pm

February1088 wrote:.... Each participant goes to 2 sessions, so that's 6 sessions "used up". But this is complicated by the fact that each session can be shared with another participant. So theoretically, at least 3 sessions out of the 3 days has to be "used up"

Careful! It's not necessarily 6 sessions "used up". It's 6 sessions MAXIMUM used up. It could be true that more than one employee attends a particular session.

I also diagrammed it with days 1,2,3 across the top and sessions H,I,R along the left side. Only one session (Day 3 investing) cannot possibly have any employees.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Sun May 15, 2011 5:25 pm

davesmystery wrote:...
#1 is just asking how many sessions could be attended by two people, six is the answer of course since T is the only person who could attend investing, which removes three from the total nine. The rest of the questions just require some visualization of the concepts of the game and doing a quick hypo to see what will and won't work for any given question.

Sorry davesmystery, you're wrong here. The first question is not asking how many sessions could be attended by two people.

Jeffort explains it correctly as - "The first question is asking for the maximum number of the nine sessions that can be attended by at least one of the three employees Capital Enterprises sent. 3 employees, each attends 2 sessions, so the total is 6 since there are no rules or deductions that force the employees to pair up and attend any one or more of the 9 available sessions together

davesmystery

Postby davesmystery » Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Ahh, yeah that makes more sense, I completely misread that one. Still got the right answer though haha.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”