PT 38 S. 1 # 21 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
170hopeful

New

PT 38 S. 1 # 21

Post by 170hopeful » Fri May 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Could someone please help explain the correct answer and why it is TCR? I've gone over the question a few times, and still cannot understand how D is correct, since the terminology used (any tragedy) would even be applicable to make it worthy of the credited response.

thanks

510Chicken

New

Re: PT 38 S. 1 # 21

Post by 510Chicken » Fri May 13, 2011 1:07 pm

170hopeful wrote:Could someone please help explain the correct answer and why it is TCR? I've gone over the question a few times, and still cannot understand how D is correct, since the terminology used (any tragedy) would even be applicable to make it worthy of the credited response.
"cover it in depth"; "a solid grasp of the basic concepts and investigatory techniques in a subject" --> "analyzed a few of them in detail"
"the breadth of the subject... after the course is over" --> "any Greek tragedy after"

You can think about it in terms of the LSAT. Once you understand something basic like conditional reasoning REALLY well, you can apply your knowledge to a vast amount of problems later.

In the correct answer, a strong understanding of the basic nature of Greek tragedies (after having looked at a few very closely) will let you analyze any number of other Greek tragedies with those same acquired skills later.

170hopeful

New

Re: PT 38 S. 1 # 21

Post by 170hopeful » Fri May 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Thank you very much! This explanation made perfect sense. I saw the discussion on the manhattan forums and they didn't go into the detail on the language. "breadth" ---> "any" makes perfect sense to me now. Thanks again chicken :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”