Games 3 and 4 for PT 29

Cartman

Games 3 and 4 for PT 29

Postby Cartman » Thu May 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello Folks,

So I took a full 5 section PT last night (double reading comp back to back shot my brain) and when I got to games I dunno, I just fell apart. For some reason games 3 and 4 just did it for me. I left the last 2 questions blank (and although I won't during the real test I didn't want to guess and have that factor in when it's entirely possible I get them wrong) on the 3rd game and all but question 1 on the 4th game blank as well.

I think I'm having trouble with the setups: can anyone post theirs for these games if they have it handy?

I got the LG Bible, did the entire thing. I also sat for the Oct. '10 test, got a 162 and was unhappy with it considering I was PT'ing higher. So far, my best PT has been 172 (since I started studying for June again). I do fairly well on RC and LR, but LG is consistently my worst section. And it's supposed to be the most learnable. Ugh. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

JamMasterJ

Re: Games 3 and 4 for PT 29

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu May 12, 2011 4:45 pm

find out what type of game is especially difficult for you i.e. linear, grouping etc.

Eichörnchen

Re: Games 3 and 4 for PT 29

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Cartman wrote:Hello Folks,

So I took a full 5 section PT last night (double reading comp back to back shot my brain) and when I got to games I dunno, I just fell apart. For some reason games 3 and 4 just did it for me. I left the last 2 questions blank (and although I won't during the real test I didn't want to guess and have that factor in when it's entirely possible I get them wrong) on the 3rd game and all but question 1 on the 4th game blank as well.

I think I'm having trouble with the setups: can anyone post theirs for these games if they have it handy?

I got the LG Bible, did the entire thing. I also sat for the Oct. '10 test, got a 162 and was unhappy with it considering I was PT'ing higher. So far, my best PT has been 172 (since I started studying for June again). I do fairly well on RC and LR, but LG is consistently my worst section. And it's supposed to be the most learnable. Ugh. Where do I go from here?

Thanks

I know how you feel - Games is my worst section by far. What I did is I sorted all the games from Pts up to 37 (3 copies of each game). Using 2 of the 3 copies of each game, I put together a packet to do each day for about 2 weeks. I made sure to keep a few days between each time I did a game, and I also had it roughly follow the pattern of the LGB (ie starting with mostly BL/Adv Lin, then adding grouping...etc etc) and I reread the bible as I went. Then I took a few days off from games and took a PT in this time. The last PT I did before doing the plan laid out above, I got -11 on games. The next PT I took (after the 2 weeks of doing the packets) I went -3 on games (this was a PT with games I had never seen). I haven't done another PT yet, but I know I am not out of the woods yet. I have been doing untimed games very slowly since the PT, writing down what I did wrong as I go (ie - oops misrepresented this rule, just added a lot of time). It's very, very work intensive, but that's how life is I guess. :) Hope this helps.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”