What books contain preptests 39 and on?

Cartman

What books contain preptests 39 and on?

Postby Cartman » Tue May 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Hello folks,

So I've got the book series of "10 preptests" "10 more preptests" etc etc, up till 29-38 I think it is? I think it's the "Next 10 Official Preptests" book. Are there more books like this in the series? For some reason I've been unable to find their names, or where they're sold at. Are they only online or can you get them in bookstores too?

I've seen so many people referencing the later preptests in their threads and I'm wondering how I get my hands on them. Did they have to buy them individually or do they still come in the books with sets of 10?

Also, I've been hearing comments that a lot of the older preptests are a lot easier than the newer ones (that is, preptest 19-28 say are easier than the ones in the 40's.) Is that true in general or is that just a matter of opinion? If that's so then I don't want to be basing my progress and scorelines on older tests!

Thanks for the input!

bk1

Re: What books contain preptests 39 and on?

Postby bk1 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 pm

At certain point they are no longer bundled together and you have to buy them individually.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ls ... -list.html
it has the whole list with where each test is, i believe.

Cartman

Postby Cartman » Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Ahh, I see.

Well, is it worth the money to splurge on the newest ones, then? What I want to know is whether or not the difficulty really does get harder on the recent ones or whether that's a matter of opinion. I've still got a handful of full practice tests left from the other bundled 10 books (along with my old testmasters course books that have a few full length tests) that I can still do.

If it truly does get harder (and I know RC introduced a comparative reading section) then I probably should, because I don't want to use old preptests as a score indicator. If that's not really the case then I've probably got enough left.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 pm

Cartman wrote:Ahh, I see.

Well, is it worth the money to splurge on the newest ones, then? What I want to know is whether or not the difficulty really does get harder on the recent ones or whether that's a matter of opinion. I've still got a handful of full practice tests left from the other bundled 10 books (along with my old testmasters course books that have a few full length tests) that I can still do.

If it truly does get harder (and I know RC introduced a comparative reading section) then I probably should, because I don't want to use old preptests as a score indicator. If that's not really the case then I've probably got enough left.

If you score higher, it would be worth it no? You decide; if you think more practice is necessary, don't think about the money.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Cartman wrote:Ahh, I see.

The new ones are different than the old ones. If you're only doing some of the prep tests rather than all of them, do the newer ones.

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Cartman wrote:Hello folks,

So I've got the book series of "10 preptests" "10 more preptests" etc etc, up till 29-38 I think it is? I think it's the "Next 10 Official Preptests" book. Are there more books like this in the series? For some reason I've been unable to find their names, or where they're sold at. Are they only online or can you get them in bookstores too?

I've seen so many people referencing the later preptests in their threads and I'm wondering how I get my hands on them. Did they have to buy them individually or do they still come in the books with sets of 10?

Also, I've been hearing comments that a lot of the older preptests are a lot easier than the newer ones (that is, preptest 19-28 say are easier than the ones in the 40's.) Is that true in general or is that just a matter of opinion? If that's so then I don't want to be basing my progress and scorelines on older tests!

Thanks for the input!

Also, this book. I'm not sure that you can buy it in the US from anyone but LSAC yet, but you can log in to your LSAC account and get it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”