LSAT Printing Recommendations? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tmon

Silver

LSAT Printing Recommendations?

Post by tmon » Mon May 09, 2011 11:48 am

So I bought all of my LSAT prep tests either already in PDF form, or I scanned them in so that I can have a fresh copy if necessary. I studied by printing my own stuff from February to now, but since I've decided to push through to October, I'm going to need a ton of tests printed. I'm thinking that my plan will be to just focus on whole sections and less individual question drilling--though some of that might come into play if I start to see defined patterns in missed questions.

My question is, should I look into a professional printing service? I've given a quick look at some online printing options, and they either seem far more expensive than I anticipated ($600+) or they tack on an extra $100 in shipping. The cheapest I've found yet is bestvaluecopies, but again, I haven't done a ton of research yet. I'm estimating 40 pages per test (should be less) times 61 tests, and I would like two copies of each test so I can do one timed and/or broken up and/or untimed as my schedule allows. I may also include around 50 or more pages for drills I want. So that's around two 2500 page documents.

Is it possible to get this many pages for under $200? Anyone have a site I should check out. As cheap as possible would be great :)

Thanks.

suspicious android

Silver

Re: LSAT Printing Recommendations?

Post by suspicious android » Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

low-end inkjet printer is $40, an ink cartridge refill kit is another $15 bucks off ebay or amazon. That'll print you out a few thousand pages, the paper will cost you another $15. Go for cheap paper since you're going to be using crappy brownish pulp paper on test-day anyway.

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Mon May 09, 2011 2:32 pm

I own a home inkjet, but I guess I assumed the ink costs for such a huge job would be prohibitive. I also have access to a small laser jet printer, but I think the replacement cartridges tend to run higher, and I haven't heard of ways of refilling them. Maybe I should consider using what I have.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Find a student at a UG near you. Give him $50 to print it out. I printed out about 1000 pages in my UG library with my leftover "printing money" from the spring semester. Although I did wait till it was summer and I was pretty much the only one in the library.

Also an inkjet printer will take forever.

Also, I don't think it is necessary to print out two copies of every test. Start at like test 20, that should be more than enough.

YaSvoboden

Bronze

Post by YaSvoboden » Mon May 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I would suggest just using your own printer as you go. Two copies of every test is a hell of a lot of material and you may find that you have certain sections you want to do multiple times or certain games just don't require doing again. I am one that likes a lot of flexibility in a plan though. If you know that you want two copies of everything, just buy two copies if you can't get a better deal than $600 to print it all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chong

New

Post by Chong » Tue May 10, 2011 5:10 am

I had several crazy days and nights where I cut out all the LR sections question by question from 1991 to 2008, except a few in 2005 and 2007, and they are all in bmp form.

If you like, I would love to e-mail them to you. Write to mustardsalt@gmail.com, as I am not sure I would find this post again to see if there are any replies.

I am not sure about the copyright issue, though, so do warn me if there should be an infringement.

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Post by FantasticMrFox » Tue May 10, 2011 5:19 am

Chong wrote:I had several crazy days and nights where I cut out all the LR sections question by question from 1991 to 2008, except a few in 2005 and 2007, and they are all in bmp form.

If you like, I would love to e-mail them to you. Write to mustardsalt@gmail.com, as I am not sure I would find this post again to see if there are any replies.

I am not sure about the copyright issue, though, so do warn me if there should be an infringement.
:shock: if this was epicmafia, i'd say he's "scummy"
As for printing, I'm with everyone...use your own printer; just don't print everything at once--maybe weekly?

tdicks

Bronze

Post by tdicks » Tue May 10, 2011 6:15 am

I'm printing all my PDF tests at home, as I need them. Just set it to draft and a whole test (about 30 pages) only takes a couple of minutes to print. I printed my first test on normal settings and it took about 30 minutes. The draft quality is crap, but it's definitely readable and will save tons o' time and ink.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Wed May 11, 2011 11:56 am

Just checked out bestvaluecopy, from what I can tell they charge 2.3 cents/b&w copy. Isn't that $115 for 5000 pages? Add 500 more pages to bump it up to $125 total and get free shipping.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

butterfly

New

Post by butterfly » Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 pm

tdicks wrote:I'm printing all my PDF tests at home, as I need them. Just set it to draft and a whole test (about 30 pages) only takes a couple of minutes to print. I printed my first test on normal settings and it took about 30 minutes. The draft quality is crap, but it's definitely readable and will save tons o' time and ink.
Where can I get pdf copies of practice tests. Thanks for any help!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm

suspicious android wrote:low-end inkjet printer is $40, an ink cartridge refill kit is another $15 bucks off ebay or amazon. That'll print you out a few thousand pages, the paper will cost you another $15. Go for cheap paper since you're going to be using crappy brownish pulp paper on test-day anyway.
I think you meant to say, get a cheap Brother laser printer + 3rd party replacement cartridge. A low-end inkjet printer a few thousand pages on a single ink cartridge? lololol

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Wed May 18, 2011 5:00 pm

LeDique wrote:
I think you meant to say, get a cheap Brother laser printer + 3rd party replacement cartridge. A low-end inkjet printer a few thousand pages on a single ink cartridge? lololol
Nah, I meant buy a inkjet refill kit. You can reuse the cartridges if you just fill them back up with ink, which is super cheap.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”