Postby who_ate_my_cake » Sun May 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Last edited by who_ate_my_cake on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

just win baby

Re: PT 15, Game 3, Rule 4

Postby just win baby » Mon May 09, 2011 12:15 am

did you get all of the questions correct on PT 15 game 3??

I get what you are trying to say/ask ... but it's kind of :?

If a game said some thing like... "J must drive on Wed or Saturday or both" then I would feel safe in sketching 3 scenarios with J on Wed, J on Sat, and J on both..

What does the "fake" game rule actually say? I don't know why you care if you had gotten the REAL game answers correct ?

Maybe he can go on other days as long as no other rules are violated... it's just too vague of a post to fully understand what you want to know--

Re: PT 15, Game 3, Rule 4

Postby SanDiegoJake » Tue May 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I do not think you'd be justified in drawing your conclusion even if the words "and possibly other days" were omitted. Simply saying that J can drive on Wednesday/Saturday or both does not preclude J from driving on other days.

The LSAT commonly uses quantity words in a way different from how we use them in conversation. For instance, if the LSAT says that Joe goes to the gym on most days, that does NOT imply that there are some days that Joe does not go to the gym. It could still be true that Joe goes to the gym every day. While in conversation, we say "most" to mean "not all", that is not true on the LSAT.

I don't even think that you can draw that conclusion if it were phrased, "J must drive on Wed. or Sat. or both." Even then, he could drive every day, but the rule would mean that of Wed and Saturday, at least one of those days must be a day when J drives.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”