PowerScore v. Manhattan v. Kaplan Logic Games Courses

Übermensch

PowerScore v. Manhattan v. Kaplan Logic Games Courses

Postby Übermensch » Wed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

PowerScore and Manhattan LSAT both offer online courses devoted to logic games.

The PowerScore course is $350. I have a discount code that would make it $300. It is eight sessions (20 hours of instruction). Enrollment is valid for six months.

The Manhattan course is $150. It is six sessions (18 hours of instruction). Enrollment is valid for six months, also.

Kaplan has a similar course, also, but I figure that it probably doesn't compare in quality with PowerScore or Manhattan. It is $300, and includes six sessions (15+ hours of instruction). Plus, they give you access to over 150 previous LSAT logic games with full explanations to each. They also provide you the Logic Games Mastery & Timing book, which includes over 100 previously released logic games.

I'm not too concerned about having access to previous logic games, as I already have this because of the Tracelia book and the various tests that I own. Price is an issue, but quality is the determining factor.

Has anyone taken any of these courses? Are they worth it? Which one would you recommend?

glewz

Re: PowerScore v. Manhattan v. Kaplan Logic Games Courses

Postby glewz » Wed May 04, 2011 5:07 pm

buy PS bibles, self study.

Ocean64

Postby Ocean64 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 am

I agree that you should get the PS LG bible and go over it once or twice, and if you're still struggling with games then you can pick a course IMO.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 am

Übermensch wrote:PowerScore and Manhattan LSAT both offer online courses devoted to logic games.

The PowerScore course is $350. I have a discount code that would make it $300. It is eight sessions (20 hours of instruction). Enrollment is valid for six months.

The Manhattan course is $150. It is six sessions (18 hours of instruction). Enrollment is valid for six months, also.

Kaplan has a similar course, also, but I figure that it probably doesn't compare in quality with PowerScore or Manhattan. It is $300, and includes six sessions (15+ hours of instruction). Plus, they give you access to over 150 previous LSAT logic games with full explanations to each. They also provide you the Logic Games Mastery & Timing book, which includes over 100 previously released logic games.

I'm not too concerned about having access to previous logic games, as I already have this because of the Tracelia book and the various tests that I own. Price is an issue, but quality is the determining factor.

Has anyone taken any of these courses? Are they worth it? Which one would you recommend?

Just to clarify, the MLSAT course you're referring to is one of our self-study courses. You're welcome to take a test drive to see if it works for you. PM me and I can help you get that set up.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”