Testing center- Fordham or NYU? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
margaretnyc

New

Testing center- Fordham or NYU?

Post by margaretnyc » Wed May 04, 2011 10:14 am

Hi All,
Anyone have experience testing at either Fordham Law School or NYU Law School? Which school is better suited for testing?

Thanx!
Margie

klj1

New

Re: Testing center- Fordham or NYU?

Post by klj1 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:31 am

NYU - Fordham just started construction on its new building and the noise is insane.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am

Last edited by aliarrow on Fri May 13, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Wed May 04, 2011 10:51 am

klj1 wrote:NYU - Fordham just started construction on its new building and the noise is insane.
I don't think they're doing any work on Saturdays, but to be on the safe side I'd say NYU. fwiw, I took the LSAT (assuming that's the test in question) at a science high school over on the East side and the place was fantastic - we all had big (2 person lab) tables to ourselves, it wasn't overly crowded, very quiet.

Lawst

Silver

Post by Lawst » Thu May 05, 2011 10:04 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
klj1 wrote:NYU - Fordham just started construction on its new building and the noise is insane.
I don't think they're doing any work on Saturdays, but to be on the safe side I'd say NYU. fwiw, I took the LSAT (assuming that's the test in question) at a science high school over on the East side and the place was fantastic - we all had big (2 person lab) tables to ourselves, it wasn't overly crowded, very quiet.
I've heard that high school on the east side is a really great testing center - I tried to get in when I retook the test in December, but it was either full or not available in December.
I took the December LSAT at Pace, of all places, and it was actually very good - small classrooms, chill proctors. Desks were small, but it didn't end up being a problem, actually. I took it the first time at Columbia and I would not recommend that testing center to anyone. It was crowded and there were a few mean proctors who yelled a lot (great for already frayed nerves!). Also, there were two timing errors during the test. The woman next to me ran away at the break and did not return, and I don't blame her. Just bad all around.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:05 pm

NYU, it's a 6, unless Fordham is giving you a full scholarship to take the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”