Am I forgetting anything??

lukebyalibi

Am I forgetting anything??

Postby lukebyalibi » Tue May 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I am embarking on my mission to destroy this test, and this is what I have so far, am I forgetting anything?

1. No social life for the summer
2. Powerscore LG and LR bibles
3. All three books of ten official LSAT tests
4. LSAT blog daily 4 month schedule

Anything else????

northwood

Re: Am I forgetting anything??

Postby northwood » Tue May 03, 2011 1:23 pm

all prep tests from 45- December 2010

lukebyalibi

Postby lukebyalibi » Tue May 03, 2011 1:27 pm

True is the LSAC super prep worth it?

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:35 pm

lukebyalibi wrote:True is the LSAC super prep worth it?

Totally

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:37 pm

lukebyalibi wrote:True is the LSAC super prep worth it?

Only if you have the time to do them. The latest preptests (from 50-62) are much more valuable.

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Tue May 03, 2011 6:38 pm

I recommend a cyanide tablet in case things start to go really badly.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:I recommend a cyanide tablet in case things start to go really badly.

This is only for people who scored a sub-160.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm

lukebyalibi wrote:I am embarking on my mission to destroy this test, and this is what I have so far, am I forgetting anything?

1. No social life for the summer
2. Powerscore LG and LR bibles
3. All three books of ten official LSAT tests
4. LSAT blog daily 4 month schedule

Anything else????

Some time to relax. If you kill yourself on the studying, you'll burn out early and not be as prepared when the test comes.

But, yes, get the most recent tests. It's more beneficial to take the most recent 5 tests than to do all three official LSAT test books. You can get them on Amazon decently cheap.

Here's the one from October 2010. It looks like the December one isn't available yet, and they never release the February ones. You can find all of these on Amazon, just start at 61 (Oct 2010) and go backwards as many as you want to take.
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Lsat-Pre ... 480&sr=8-1

albanach

Postby albanach » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

chrisbru wrote:But, yes, get the most recent tests. It's more beneficial to take the most recent 5 tests than to do all three official LSAT test books. You can get them on Amazon decently cheap.

I found the test from Cambridge LSAT to be more valuable in that I could print them multiple times.

For games especially, there can be lots of value in redoing the same questions multiple times until you have covered every single inference.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed May 04, 2011 11:52 am

albanach wrote:
chrisbru wrote:But, yes, get the most recent tests. It's more beneficial to take the most recent 5 tests than to do all three official LSAT test books. You can get them on Amazon decently cheap.

I found the test from Cambridge LSAT to be more valuable in that I could print them multiple times.

For games especially, there can be lots of value in redoing the same questions multiple times until you have covered every single inference.

Make photocopies, or do them on scratch paper. Not that hard.

I'm not sure what the Cambridge LSAT is, but there is NO better resource than the most recent official LSAT tests.

YaSvoboden

Postby YaSvoboden » Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

chrisbru wrote:
albanach wrote:

I'm not sure what the Cambridge LSAT is, but there is NO better resource than the most recent official LSAT tests.

I ended up just downloading PDFs of everything. I practice in the books and print out a new test when I take a full one.

Also, I definitely think superprep is worth it. It gives you the testmaker's perspective, the tests themselves aren't as valuable (any of the real tests has decent value), but if you want someone explaining the test to you, I would choose the people that write it.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:06 pm

albanach wrote:

you don't need to get down every inference to finish a game in sub 9 or even 8 minutes. there is normally one "key" inference in every game. i don't think the games have changed too much since PT 1. 240 Games + is def. enough to ace the section without repeating games.

albanach

Postby albanach » Wed May 04, 2011 9:15 pm

chrisbru wrote:

Cambridge LSAT are the official recent tests - in fact they have every test from #1. You get them online and print them at your own convenience.

I have a printer at home, I don't have a photocopier.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Diet and exercise. Sound body; sound mind.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

SanDiegoJake wrote:Diet and exercise. Sound body; sound mind.

Drink, smoke, and generally rebel. It's always the badasses that naturally ace standardized tests. Or so I hear.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”