Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Aion222
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby Aion222 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

Cannot be true questions appear a lot in LSAT games. I was wondering if there's perhaps a shortcut in solving these questions on the game sections? I know it all depends on the rules given, but if there's another strategy in solving them, I'd love to know what it is.

Thanks.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:10 pm

Aion222 wrote:Cannot be true questions appear a lot in LSAT games. I was wondering if there's perhaps a shortcut in solving these questions on the game sections? I know it all depends on the rules given, but if there's another strategy in solving them, I'd love to know what it is.

Thanks.

Inference, but for what's false rather than what must be true.

A lot of times must be true are based around formal logic.

Either way, if you do not have evidence that conclusively shows the choice is untrue, the choice is 100% shit.

Aion222
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby Aion222 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Is it also helpful to plug in the letters in each given question in a diagram to confirm your inferences?

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Aion222 wrote:Is it also helpful to plug in the letters in each given question in a diagram to confirm your inferences?

i don't understand the question bro. it seems like you're over-thinking something. it's either fact or bullshit - there's no in between. if they say the sky is blue.

sky --> blue

don't really have to confirm it unless you have trouble with english.

Aion222
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby Aion222 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:35 pm

No, I got you. I just thought maybe there was a quicker way to solving them but thank you. Inference is the magic word.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Aion222 wrote:No, I got you. I just thought maybe there was a quicker way to solving them but thank you. Inference is the magic word.

I mean you could always just look at the person's scantron next to you. That would probably be quicker.

Aion222
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby Aion222 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
Aion222 wrote:No, I got you. I just thought maybe there was a quicker way to solving them but thank you. Inference is the magic word.

I mean you could always just look at the person's scantron next to you. That would probably be quicker.


Nah, that would be retarded, but I realize now I placed myself in a position where asking "duh" questions puts me in a position where I get snarky answers. :)

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Aion222 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:
Aion222 wrote:No, I got you. I just thought maybe there was a quicker way to solving them but thank you. Inference is the magic word.

I mean you could always just look at the person's scantron next to you. That would probably be quicker.


Nah, that would be retarded, but I realize now I placed myself in a position where asking "duh" questions puts me in a position where I get snarky answers. :)

You never asked for what would be non-retarded.

Aion222
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby Aion222 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm not here to debate man, just asking a simple question. Jeez.

SanDiegoJake
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Cannot Be True LSAT game questions

Postby SanDiegoJake » Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 pm

I have a few tips for "Cannot be true".

1) Do these types of questions AFTER the specific questions that begin with the word "If". Your work from the previous "If" questions will show you things that CAN be true, so you can eliminate answer choices that you've demonstrated CAN be true right away.

2) If the first question is what I call the "Grab-a-rule" ("Which of the following is an acceptable..."), you can use this answer choice similarly. (You know that this can be true, so eliminate any answer choice that includes something in the "Grab-a-rule".)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 180orDie, 34iplaw, BamBam2772, BobBoblaw, dontsaywhatyoumean, Elyane, Google [Bot], ThatOneAfrican, trenhardeatclen and 20 guests