Undergraduate Classes that might help for LSAT

TaipeiMort

Re: Undergraduate Classes that might help for LSAT

Postby TaipeiMort » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm

The whole logic thing is dumb. Take as easy classes as possible and spend the extra time on real LSAT questions.

westtech

Postby westtech » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm

TaipeiMort wrote:The whole logic thing is dumb. Take as easy classes as possible and spend the extra time on real LSAT questions.

I took a bunch of computer science classes including discrete math and they only helped on logic games.

Take classes you are sure you can get an A in. With a high GPA the LSAT would probably be (slightly) less stressful.

ElectricSheep

Postby ElectricSheep » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 pm

I felt a lot of the social science classes helped me sorta be prepared for the reading comprehension.

I remember in one of the PT's the subject matter was about apartheid in south africa. In my english class about postcolonial literature, we had learned in depth about this. The reading was super easy and it was the last passage. After answering the problem set for this passage i had like 4 minutes to go back to other passages and correct my answers.

Always do the reading for your classes assigned. It helps

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 am

Take as many reading-intensive classes as you can. English classes focusing on rhetoric and analytical reading skills can't hurt you. As far as logic courses go, I'd say that you can get just as good (and save the money) from buying logic books and reading them yourself. If you want dense material to read, you could always go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/ to get scientific articles. Read enough science journals on immunology, respiratory diseases, etc. and any science-related passages you come across on the LSAT will seem like amateur hour.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 pm

I think all of my science classes have been the biggest help. The science passages of reading comprehension are where a lot of people lose points, and yet they're often the easiest, if you have any familiarity with reading scientific texts / a basic knowledge of biology. The questions are quite often more straightforward, they just bank on humanities students getting overwhelmed by the material.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”