Logic Games Help!

Logic Games Help!

Postby kingjones59 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Okay so I am taking the test in June and I am having some logic games problems. I only have time to finish three games. Granted, I get all of the questions for those three games right but I never have time to start the fourth game. I have read through the logic games bible and I have heard that the best way to study logic games is to just keep doing them. Should I just keep doing practice sections and hope to get faster before June 6th?

Re: Logic Games Help!

Postby Kurst » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Postby EarlCat » Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 pm

First, if your accuracy is 100% on 3 games, you just simply need to speed up. Light a fire under your butt and be a little less careful (i.e. don't double and triple check your answers, don't reread so often, etc.). Just force yourself through that 4th game. Your accuracy might drop a little, but that's okay for the moment (after some trial and error you might adjust back down a little bit, perhaps only doing half of the 4th game or something, but with your accuracy you probably are best off finishing). 100% accuracy on only 70-75% of the section is not an ideal balance.

Second, practice slower. You obviously understand how games work--that is, you can work your way through them successfully--but you haven't internalized them to the point that they come naturally and effortlessly (as evidenced by your time troubles). Go back through your past games. Do them over and over and over again SLOWLY until everything about them becomes obvious and you start to see the recycled material LSAC uses from game to game to game. There's a point where they will just click. The Zen of LSAT if you will.

Postby incompetentia » Sun May 01, 2011 6:55 pm

How long does it take you to diagram/make inferences? In addition to EarlCat's suggestions, take a look at how much time you're spending on answering questions and how much time you're taking to set up the game. This'll also show you where you're probably taking the most time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”