LSAT and Study Abroad

futuremiserableatty

LSAT and Study Abroad

Postby futuremiserableatty » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I am at the end of my sophomore year and I'm planning on taking the LSAT this October. I'm going to attempt to score in the 99th percentile (isn't everyone?)

My reason for wanting to take it as a rising junior is that I will be taking a relatively light internship this summer. Next summer, I will be attempting to have a more rigorous internship, possibly with a great deal of commuting involved. Thus, I feel as though I will have much more time to devote to the LSAT if I take it this summer. Also, if I feel as though I'm not ready or if I mess up and have to cancel my score and retake, I will have plenty of opportunities to do so.

However, I am also planning on studying abroad at (one of Oxford/Cambridge/LSE) next fall and the orientation for that starts at about the same time as the LSAT (actually a few days before. I am planning on skipping the first few days of my trip).

Does this seem like somewhat of an ambitious endeavor? Even though I won't have the stress of classes to worry about like most other test takers, will it be hard to coordinate two major events all at the same time? I know that some here do all sorts of rituals (waking up at the same time for the week before, testing out which breakfast cereal helps you do the best on the LSAT, etc) and I wonder if it might be hard to arrange everything for my trip, pack and study for the LSAT at the same time. It also might be overwhelming?

My schedule would be:
Summer: Study for LSAT, internship, workout, eat, sleep
September: No more internship. Study rigorously for LSAT and work out logistics for trip
Week before LSAT: Study nonstop, do TLS rituals, etc.
October 1st: Take LSAT in the morning, pack later in the day
October 2nd: Get on plane in morning. Arrive in the UK at night.

Any potential pitfalls with my plan (Either related to taking it a year earlier than normal or related to my study abroad trip)? Will it be too much to handle? I don't want to risk messing up this test.

JamMasterJ

Re: LSAT and Study Abroad

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Just make sure you get all of the details squared away a couple weeks ahead of time and make sure that no preventable wierdness can happen with your flight. It cn be done and I wish I had taken it that soon

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:36 am

How do you not know where you studying abroad yet? Especially if its Oxbridge/LSE.

futuremiserableatty

Postby futuremiserableatty » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:54 am

bernaldiaz wrote:How do you not know where you studying abroad yet? Especially if its Oxbridge/LSE.

I was unclear in the OP. I know which one I'm going to; I'm just a bit overly cautious about being outted irl.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:57 am

futuremiserableatty wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:How do you not know where you studying abroad yet? Especially if its Oxbridge/LSE.

I was unclear in the OP. I know which one I'm going to; I'm just a bit overly cautious about being outted irl.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

You have two posts. What possible information could someone gain from outing you.

Anyways the schedule seems fine. And since you are taking it rather early you can always retake/cancel if you feel it was too much pressure.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm guessing you'll be attending LSE, or else you wouldn't have lumped it together with Oxford and Cambridge. Anyways, I'll be at Cambridge all year (oh no! Don't figure me out!) and am in a remarkably similar situation.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 am

bernaldiaz wrote:I'm guessing you'll be attending LSE, or else you wouldn't have lumped it together with Oxford and Cambridge.

Ha, my first thought too. Just like if I said "I'll be going to one of Harvard, Yale or Columbia. Anyway, I always enjoy new demonstrations of TLS neurotic tendencies.

futuremiserableatty

Postby futuremiserableatty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 am

Nope. Oxford actually. I guess I was being a bit neurotic ha.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:03 pm

futuremiserableatty wrote:Nope. Oxford actually. I guess I was being a bit neurotic ha.

But you've taken an important first step!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”