Overwhelmed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cany

New

Overwhelmed

Post by cany » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I find this forum very useful.I am one of the daily visitors. :D
I have been preparing for LSAT since Sep 2010.I took prep course.I took the Dec 2010 LSAT and scored in high 140s.I took a month's break and started preparing again.I enrolled in the same prep course again.Also,as recommended on this forum I started with Powerscore bibles.I feel overwhelmed because I take a PT every week,review it:attend 8hrs of prep class and do homework ( similar type questions put together from Official guide).I am taking thes test again in June 2011.Giver that is it better to read the bibles and do the tests or do 2 tests everyday and review them? Also,I have doubts from PTs and not all of them are answered in the prep review classes.I am able to finish LR sections now and able to understand games beter.Also,I am following RC bible to improve my RC section,which awfully weak for me.My raw score has inc but not significantly.Also, I am health professional and work full time.Is it advisible to take some time off before test for prep? :?:

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Overwhelmed

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:24 pm

maybe if you were working 70hr weeks, but the time off required for what you're talking about would be more than all of your vacation days

cany

New

Post by cany » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for replying.I work 40-50hrs/week.I want to make best of the month's time remaining.
So,should I aim of getting maximum PT done before June test.or due a couple of PT 4-5 and focus on specific question type improvement and reading through Powerscore bibles.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:56 pm

What course are you taking? I question your decision to repeat the same course. If it didn't work the first time, you might consider trying another course that teaches better to your learning style. I took Kaplan and it didn't work. I took advantage of their "try it again free if you're not happy guarantee," and about three weeks into Kaplan round two, I realized it was silly to try something again that clearly didn't work the first time. I switched to Testmasters and couldn't have been happier.

Also, taking time off from work might be a good idea. I think I took a two week off unpaid leave right before the test. But during test prep, it's unnecessary so long as you're motivated/disciplined enough to attend the night classes and do all of the work. For example, if you're commuting on a subway, start each morning off with a logic game instead of a sudoku puzzle. During your lunch break, do a timed section. At night before and after dinner, do the assigned work/take a timed practice test. If you don't have kids/a family to take care of, it shouldn't be too hard to make the LSAT your life. If you do, I recognize it will be much more difficult - and in that situation, I'd suggest talking to your spouse and asking him/her to pick up the slack for a bit until the test is over.

Good luck!

cany

New

Post by cany » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks for your advice.I agree that time off will definitely help me.I taking the same prep course because the group is small and the instructor is good at reveiewing tests one on one sometimes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Sun May 01, 2011 5:17 am

If you end up with any questions from practice tests that aren't answered in your classes, you can ask about them here or at our (Blueprint's) message board (--LinkRemoved--). We've got instructors on there most of the time and they're more than happy to post explanations.

cany

New

Post by cany » Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks!! thatz a relief!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”