UT-Austin testing center?

jessedvhs

UT-Austin testing center?

Postby jessedvhs » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Anyone have experience with the testing center at UT-Austin?
It's filled in my area for June and planning on venturing north.
Seats are limited, any feedback greatly appreciated.

poi

Re: UT-Austin testing center?

Postby poi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Last edited by poi on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jessedvhs

Postby jessedvhs » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the reply and wilco on the sweater (nix the tank top).

How was your experience with the proctor(s)?

Austin traffic can be the worst, especially during the work week.
Read on an old post somewhere that parking can be a pain.
Aside from getting there early, where do you recommend to park?

kalede

Postby kalede » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 am

Huston-Tillotson in Austin isn't a bad location either, if that's still open. Parking was easy, and the proctors were great.

gia1312

Postby gia1312 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:43 pm

The proctors aren't bad.. pretty professional.. No real talking or moving around during the test..

I would suggest parking in the I believe it's called Brazos parking garage.. right in front of Jester Hall. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the UTC. So no real worries about getting lost on the campus..

I would NOT suggest testing at Huston-Tillotson.. I've heard the desks are really small and not fun for test taking.. If you don't get into UT definitely look into ACC for a second choice.. But I would suggest UT all the way.

akili

Postby akili » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:45 pm

gia1312 wrote:The proctors aren't bad.. pretty professional.. No real talking or moving around during the test..

I would suggest parking in the I believe it's called Brazos parking garage.. right in front of Jester Hall. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the UTC. So no real worries about getting lost on the campus..

I would NOT suggest testing at Huston-Tillotson.. I've heard the desks are really small and not fun for test taking.. If you don't get into UT definitely look into ACC for a second choice.. But I would suggest UT all the way.

The tables were tiny at Huston Tillotson. UT was a far better experience. Parking wasn't bad at all, and it'll be on a Saturday morning so you don't really have to worry about traffic

jessedvhs

Postby jessedvhs » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:13 pm

akili wrote:
gia1312 wrote:The proctors aren't bad.. pretty professional.. No real talking or moving around during the test..

The tables were tiny at Huston Tillotson. UT was a far better experience. Parking wasn't bad at all, and it'll be on a Saturday morning so you don't really have to worry about traffic

No, test is on June 6 which is a Monday which is why I am hoping to avoid Austin lunch traffic--Congress can be congested as all hell. Anyway, Huston Tillotson filled, signed up for UT yesterday. It's about 1.30 hour drive from my location and traffic on 35 can be unpredictable, so considering driving up the night before and staying over. We shall see.

Appreciate all of the insight and advice on parking, will look for the locations during my Austin reconnaissance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”