Beyond FRUSTRATED!!! Cambridge LSAT LG

ngogirl

Beyond FRUSTRATED!!! Cambridge LSAT LG

Postby ngogirl » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 am

I really need your help people. I live overseas in Lebanon and am planning on taking the LSAT in June.

I purchased both the LG books from Cambridge LSAT, you know the document that you can only print.. I went to a kinkos like place called Print and More, they basically screwed up my viewing 3 times.. Then today I went to 3 other large bookstore places and I just lost the first 50 pages of the second book, all because none of the printers will hook up to the computers. The only way I can print is if its saved to a usb, and as you all know, it is impossible to save these stupid documents to a usb. I am seriously about to start crying here, because I wasted $56 for nothing~!!

I am at a loss for words here.. the only reason i bought the pdf version was i thought it would save me money on making copies.. well i just lost $56 down the drain..

I don't know what to do, please someone help me out.. i would be eternally grateful if someone would help me!!!!!!! :( :( :x

expat17

Re: Beyond FRUSTRATED!!! Cambridge LSAT LG

Postby expat17 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am

ngogirl wrote:I really need your help people. I live overseas in Lebanon and am planning on taking the LSAT in June.

I purchased both the LG books from Cambridge LSAT, you know the document that you can only print.. I went to a kinkos like place called Print and More, they basically screwed up my viewing 3 times.. Then today I went to 3 other large bookstore places and I just lost the first 50 pages of the second book, all because none of the printers will hook up to the computers. The only way I can print is if its saved to a usb, and as you all know, it is impossible to save these stupid documents to a usb. I am seriously about to start crying here, because I wasted $56 for nothing~!!

I am at a loss for words here.. the only reason i bought the pdf version was i thought it would save me money on making copies.. well i just lost $56 down the drain..

I don't know what to do, please someone help me out.. i would be eternally grateful if someone would help me!!!!!!! :( :( :x

although $56 seems like a lot to you, it's really nothing compared to rest of the costs you will incur in the law school admissions process. sorry to say, but i would advice to suck it up and purchase it again, or, more likely given your printing difficulties over there, re-purchase it as a hard copy and pay the shipping from europe. it's an investment in your future.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:12 am

ngogirl wrote:I really need your help people. I live overseas in Lebanon and am planning on taking the LSAT in June.

Dude, relax. Then, email Cambridge LSAT and explain. They'll probably be willing to help you out.

loblaw

Postby loblaw » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:15 am

Similar thing happened to me once with Cambridge. After I screwed up my last viewing, I emailed them, and they very promptly reset my viewings so I could access it again. You cannot save the files but if you have Adobe Acrobat (not reader), you can print them to PDF to retain a electronic copy.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Buy an inkjet printer, the cheapest you can get. Print them at home, you'll save a lot this way. Email Cambridge LSAT with your problem, they are nice and will probably give you an extra printing. Get a program like cutepdf and save the PDFs for future use.

ngogirl

Postby ngogirl » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Thank you so much for your help and advice... I emailed them and also got a prompt response that they reset my viewing the files.. I do not have Adobe Acrobat.. only Adobe Reader.. Is there any other way I can save them as pdf files?

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:59 pm

expat17 wrote:although $56 seems like a lot to you, it's really nothing compared to rest of the costs you will incur in the law school admissions process. sorry to say, but i would advice to suck it up and purchase it again, or, more likely given your printing difficulties over there, re-purchase it as a hard copy and pay the shipping from europe. it's an investment in your future.

Wow, great advice! Have you thought about maybe doing an advice column where you tell people not to try to solve their problems and instead just suck it up?

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:01 pm

ngogirl wrote:Thank you so much for your help and advice... I emailed them and also got a prompt response that they reset my viewing the files.. I do not have Adobe Acrobat.. only Adobe Reader.. Is there any other way I can save them as pdf files?

There are a few free programs that do this, cutepdf is one of them.

fastforward

Postby fastforward » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Dude, relax. Then, email Cambridge LSAT and explain. They'll probably be willing to help you out.

^This. They definitely will help. They are the best for customer service. I have no relationship with them other than being a repeat customer and a big fan of their products. Just call or email them.

Best wishes for success in your LSAT prep.

zozin

Postby zozin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Print to PDF and you can have the copy forever.

ngogirl

Postby ngogirl » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm

suspicious android wrote:
ngogirl wrote:Thank you so much for your help and advice... I emailed them and also got a prompt response that they reset my viewing the files.. I do not have Adobe Acrobat.. only Adobe Reader.. Is there any other way I can save them as pdf files?

There are a few free programs that do this, cutepdf is one of them.

THANK YOU sOOOO MuCH!!!! I downloaded Cutepdf yesterday and just converted them all into pdf files, tomorrow I will take my USB to a print shop and utilize this amazing resource!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! :D :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”