Question about LSAC GPA Calculation

hindijs1

Question about LSAC GPA Calculation

Postby hindijs1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:01 pm

So I am in my senior year of Collage. I got my Associates degree at a community collage and now im at a University here in Florida completing my Bachelors in Business. The problem is that when I got my Associates degree I had a Crappy GPA, but during the last 2 years that I have been working on my Bachelors degree I have maintained a very good GPA. Will LSAC calculate my GPA including my Associates degree GPA or hopefully just my Bachelors GPA, or both?
Thanks

Bildungsroman

Re: Question about LSAC GPA Calculation

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Both. All classes taken prior to receiving first bachelor's degree.

soj

Postby soj » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm

1. wrong forum

community collage

3. Both will count, sorry.

e: lolpwnt by bildung

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 pm

hindijs1 wrote:So I am in my senior year of Collage. I got my Associates degree at a community collage and now im at a University here in Florida completing my Bachelors in Business. The problem is that when I got my Associates degree I had a Crappy GPA, but during the last 2 years that I have been working on my Bachelors degree I have maintained a very good GPA. Will LSAC calculate my GPA including my Associates degree GPA or hopefully just my Bachelors GPA, or both?
Thanks

I believe they calculate any grade you received in a credited college course, even if you had taken it in high school. Its pretty annoying. I'm going to have to deal with an F being factored in for a class I did a "Grade forgiveness" program for, supposedly removing the credit for that first try and removing it from my GPA. Apparently its supposed to be mitigated by the fact they will factor in A+ grades, giving you up to a 4.33, but I'm not familiar with any college that actually RECORDS A+ grades anyways.

Short answer, yes I think it will include both. This is also probably in the wrong section.

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:11 pm

hindijs1 wrote:So I am in my senior year of Collage. I got my Associates degree at a community collage and now im at a University here in Florida completing my Bachelors in Business. The problem is that when I got my Associates degree I had a Crappy GPA, but during the last 2 years that I have been working on my Bachelors degree I have maintained a very good GPA. Will LSAC calculate my GPA including my Associates degree GPA or hopefully just my Bachelors GPA, or both?
Thanks

http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Knock wrote:
Thanks

http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

Wait, I might have been wrong then..

"The original grade for a repeated course when the transcript does not show both the grade and the units for the original attempt. The total number of credits assigned to these grades will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation."

I did "Grade Forgiveness" for a class, the idea being that the first attempt at the course would NOT be factored into my GPA, but my transcript would show I received an F in the class. I only received the 3 credit hours for the second attempt, so would this mean that the first class will not be part of my LSAC GPA?

hindijs1

Postby hindijs1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Will schools take into consideration my up-trend in grades from my first 2 years (2.75) to my last two years (3.65)?

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:33 pm

hindijs1 wrote:Will schools take into consideration my up-trend in grades from my first 2 years (2.75) to my last two years (3.65)?

It may be a positive in an extremely slight way, but it's not going to make a noticeable difference in your cycle.

hindijs1

Postby hindijs1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Wow that sucks.. Total game changer now.. Scoring 158-160 on my last 5 PT's. Taking June Lsat.. Is it worth going to a Law School that will accept a lsac GPA of 3.1 /158 LSAT??
University of Miami for example? (I live in S.FL)

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:49 pm

hindijs1 wrote:Wow that sucks.. Total game changer now.. Scoring 158-160 on my last 5 PT's. Taking June Lsat.. Is it worth going to a Law School that will accept a lsac GPA of 3.1 /158 LSAT??

It depends on a lot of factors, but your focus now should be getting the highest LSAT score you possibly can.

hindijs1

Postby hindijs1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Will do! Thanks for your comments Knock

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:55 pm

hindijs1 wrote:Will do! Thanks for your comments Knock

No problem at all. Good luck on the LSAT :).

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 pm

soj wrote:1. wrong forum

community collage

3. Both will count, sorry.

e: lolpwnt by bildung

Haha Soj you made me (and my boyfriend who also saw) lol

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”