PT REVIEW Question Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
accuratesite2020

New

PT REVIEW Question

Post by accuratesite2020 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 am

As I've been taking PTs, I notice that I do get a lot out of a thorough review. After following the advice of many on here, I have spent a lot of time examining why I pick wrong answers and what it is I miss in these question types. It has helped tremendously. Also, I do not neglect those Qs that I get right. My question is:

Is it normal to try and review faster? I get hung up in the review stage and I want to start hitting more questions for practice. I have my process set-up on MS Word, where I just lay out my wrong answers, determine the question type, see where I went wrong, then review a explanation that I have for every PT then move on.

The PT review process is painful everytime, but I know it is absolutely crucial. I just want to know if its a good idea to pick it up a little more in these final weeks. I need to keep plugging away at question types that are hanging me up, specifically flaws. Thanks.

quidprobono

New

Re: PT REVIEW Question

Post by quidprobono » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:35 am

The goal is to build the habit of answering that type of question. The only sure way to build a habit is through repetition. I'd recommend revisiting the question at various intervals and paying close attention each time, but I wouldn't linger in MS Word if it's painfully slow.

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:31 pm

I'd also say that while it's important to briefly review Qs you got right, don't get hung up on it. There might be certain types of questions that you're just...good at, and it's not the best use of your time to belabor those strategies. Like you said, focus on your weaknesses.

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I can't thank everyone enough for responding and helping me understand what I've been laboring with for awhile now. I understand that the goal is to start seeing the pattern of wrong answer choices and how to answer questions with more confidence because I KNOW what the right answer is. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”