3 year limit?

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

3 year limit?

Postby warandpeace » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:10 pm

i heard that the lsat score only lasts for 3 years. i'm planning on applying in fall 2013. if i take the lsat this year in october, will my lsat scores be eligible for fall 2013?

thanks you guys!

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby 2011Law » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:15 pm

I mean, I know most of us lawyers to be aren't exactly math majors, but damn dude, maybe you should go read a math book.

nigelfrost
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby nigelfrost » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 pm

It was always my understanding that the scores last 5 years. Check the LSAC website for details.

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby weejonbu » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 pm

5 years. / thread

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby kapital98 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:21 pm

weejonbu wrote:5 years. / thread


Some T1/T2 schools I applied to required a LSAT score of 3 years or less. So "/thread" is a little premature...

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby warandpeace » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:28 pm

2011Law wrote:I mean, I know most of us lawyers to be aren't exactly math majors, but damn dude, maybe you should go read a math book.


i'm just confused if APPLYING counts for it, or if the entire cycle counts for it...i don't know, can't explain.

tittsburghfeelers
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 am

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby tittsburghfeelers » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 pm

kapital98 wrote:
weejonbu wrote:5 years. / thread


Some T1/T2 schools I applied to required a LSAT score of 3 years or less. So "/thread" is a little premature...


What schools? I've never seen a school stipulate that an LSAT must be within 3 years or less. But maybe I'm wrong.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby Jeffort » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:32 pm

warandpeace wrote:
2011Law wrote:I mean, I know most of us lawyers to be aren't exactly math majors, but damn dude, maybe you should go read a math book.


i'm just confused if APPLYING counts for it, or if the entire cycle counts for it...i don't know, can't explain.


For schools that require an LSAT score from within the last 3 years, it's measured from the time you apply, not from when you would start LS if accepted. You would be fine applying in Fall 2013 with an October 2011 LSAT score even though starting LS in fall of 2014 would be right on the edge of 3 years since you took the test.

User avatar
warandpeace
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: 3 year limit?

Postby warandpeace » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Jeffort wrote:
warandpeace wrote:
2011Law wrote:I mean, I know most of us lawyers to be aren't exactly math majors, but damn dude, maybe you should go read a math book.


i'm just confused if APPLYING counts for it, or if the entire cycle counts for it...i don't know, can't explain.


For schools that require an LSAT score from within the last 3 years, it's measured from the time you apply, not from when you would start LS if accepted. You would be fine applying in Fall 2013 with an October 2011 LSAT score even though starting LS in fall of 2014 would be right on the edge of 3 years since you took the test.


this is exactly what i was asking about! thank you :D




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Majestic-12 [Bot], nimbus cloud and 5 guests