A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

Can anyone recommend a good supply of fake (i.e., non-LSAC produced) logic games? I'm burning through the LSAC games, but still having trouble with time. I've already done the Examkrackers games, and started on the LSAT Blog games.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby lovejopd » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 am

I think you can re-do games that gave you trouble. LG is the easiest section for me. The speed would go up as you are accustomed to setting up the game. :wink:

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby Easy-E » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 pm

lovejopd wrote:I think you can re-do games that gave you trouble. LG is the easiest section for me. The speed would go up as you are accustomed to setting up the game. :wink:



Manhattan LSAT has some good games on there, but obviously you want to use the real ones primarily. LSAT Blog one's are good too, they usually mirror another actual game pretty closely.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:48 pm

emarxnj wrote:Manhattan LSAT has some good games on there, but obviously you want to use the real ones primarily. LSAT Blog one's are good too, they usually mirror another actual game pretty closely.

I got a PM about the Manhattan LSAT games. They do seem helpful. I like that they're easy to print out. I think they're a bit more difficult than the average LSAC produced game, but that's probably a good thing.

User avatar
OhOkay
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 am

Re: A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby OhOkay » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Steve Schwartz's blog also has some, but one or two of them were crazy tough in a way that I don't think would appear on the test -- I couldn't think of a way to do them without literally doing a million templates/hypothetical and taking over 10 minutes, at least. I think the comments on the posts agreed.

MLSAT's logic games are also tougher than average actual LSAT games, but they tend to be good for pointing out achilles' heels that may only rarely get tested but are good to be prepared for, like unwarranted assumptions that we sometimes make about how to distribute elements, etc. I've only done a few, but I think they strengthened my ability to make inferences.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5708
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: A Good Supply of Fake Logic Games

Postby Easy-E » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 pm

OhOkay wrote:Steve Schwartz's blog also has some, but one or two of them were crazy tough in a way that I don't think would appear on the test -- I couldn't think of a way to do them without literally doing a million templates/hypothetical and taking over 10 minutes, at least. I think the comments on the posts agreed.

MLSAT's logic games are also tougher than average actual LSAT games, but they tend to be good for pointing out achilles' heels that may only rarely get tested but are good to be prepared for, like unwarranted assumptions that we sometimes make about how to distribute elements, etc. I've only done a few, but I think they strengthened my ability to make inferences.


Yeah, Steve's stuff is great but the grouping game with the Hindu deities and the templates one were both nightmares for me.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus and 8 guests