LSAT Tutor in Pittsburgh Area

LSAT Tutor in Pittsburgh Area

Postby psm11 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm

I took the LSAT in December of 2010 and scored a 150. The only prep I had was a summer Kaplan course and, to be quite honest, I don't feel I put nearly as much effort into my prep as I should have. I went to the prep-classes and took the 5 practice tests and did a minimal amount of practice on my own. The reason I kind of blew everything off was because I was taking 9 credits during the prep-class and 21 during my fall semester--I was completely swamped with undergrad work.

I applied to University of Pittsburgh, Case Western, WVU, Duquesne, and Richmond for Fall 2011 admissions. So far I have been denied at all but Duquesne and Pitt--still in review. I have been reading a lot of articles and threads on these forums about how bad an investment law school can be if you do not go to the right school and I don't want that to happen to me. So, I am seriously considering, even if I am accepted to Pitt and/or Duquesne, to wait a year and take the LSAT this October having given my prep the time and attention it needs.

I have the option of reenrolling in Kaplan again, but to be quite honest I really didn't like how they taught the class--I never really felt as if I truly understood the concepts. I may do it just to have access to the online material the corresponds to the books. I have always been someone who has excelled with difficult material when I have someone to teach it to me on a 1on1 basis.

If anyone who lives in the Pittsburgh area and is willing to tutor me this summer please let me know. I would prefer someone, obviously, that has scored 164+ on the test. Feel free to email me if you are interested my e-mail is

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”