Preptests in the 30s/Superprep killing my LG confidence

mac35352

Preptests in the 30s/Superprep killing my LG confidence

Postby mac35352 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Hello again!
I got acquainted to the games fairly quickly and was never really concerned about this section limiting my studies to the LG bible and doing every game 3 times. The first 10 actual books and the PTs in the 50s I have taken were not a problem for me but since I arrived at the 30s (which coincidentally is the same time I got the Superprep) I have found games to be way harder and it's killing my confidence on the more current ones . For example, I had schedule to re-do PT LG 55 today. Originally had -3 wrong and if I remember correctly I finished with a few minutes to spare. Today was a different story, it actually took me longer to do each game and I got -4 wrong. What I noticed was that I wasn't confident in my answer choices and had to check and check and check again.
Has this happened to any of you?
I know that the older games are harder and that doing all of them is benefitial because you might get a very hard game on your actual LSAT but I wonder if this hard games are causing me to doubt my self/ become slower.

Any suggestions?

soj

Re: Preptests in the 30s/Superprep killing my LG confidence

Postby soj » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:40 am

Games in SP and PT30s are indeed considered harder than other games. Just keep practicing them and redo the ones that took too long or tripped you up.

tittsburghfeelers

Postby tittsburghfeelers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:14 am

mac35352 wrote:Hello again!
I got acquainted to the games fairly quickly and was never really concerned about this section limiting my studies to the LG bible and doing every game 3 times. The first 10 actual books and the PTs in the 50s I have taken were not a problem for me but since I arrived at the 30s (which coincidentally is the same time I got the Superprep) I have found games to be way harder and it's killing my confidence on the more current ones . For example, I had schedule to re-do PT LG 55 today. Originally had -3 wrong and if I remember correctly I finished with a few minutes to spare. Today was a different story, it actually took me longer to do each game and I got -4 wrong. What I noticed was that I wasn't confident in my answer choices and had to check and check and check again.
Has this happened to any of you?
I know that the older games are harder and that doing all of them is benefitial because you might get a very hard game on your actual LSAT but I wonder if this hard games are causing me to doubt my self/ become slower.

Any suggestions?

There's another thread about this that somebody posted a few days back. But I'll say the same thing to you, when I started studying I picked up on the games pretty easily. Afer only a couple preptests I got to where I was getting -0 or at most -1. And then I got to SuperPrep. I failed at the last two games. There's no other way to put it. Not only did I run out of time on both tests, but I got questions wrong that I thought were right. I went back over the games and did each section again (I did the car game and tree game three times) and finally got a perfect score. After SuperPrep I picked up the 10 next Actual Official book and have yet to miss a single question on any of the logic games. So my point here is that the logic games in SuperPrep SUCK. Don't worry about them messing up your score too bad, just go back over them, see what you did wrong, and then work through each problem until you get it right.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:08 am

I was the one asking about the Superprep. Now that I know this games are not the norm (at least we hope for now) my problem is that I went back to games that I had already done (do each game three time technique) I am not confident in my answer choices like I used to. Second guessing yourself in something you used to get is not fun.
Thanks for the advise!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”