Is it too late to start studying for the June LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sterl1002

New

Is it too late to start studying for the June LSAT?

Post by sterl1002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:34 pm

So I took the October 2010 and December 2010 LSAT's and got a 146 and a 150. I applied to schools already for this cycle (20 schools) and because I have pretty good softs ended up on 5 waitlists (all good regional TT schools I would be willing to go to) thus far and still waiting to hear back from 7 schools. However I've decided to pretty much accept at this point that I'm going to to have to retake for the third time. Is it to late to shoot for the June test or should I wait for October?

Ginj

Silver

Re: Is it too late to start studying for the June LSAT?

Post by Ginj » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Where do you want to go to school?

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:37 pm

sterl1002 wrote:So I took the October 2010 and December 2010 LSAT's and got a 146 and a 150. I applied to schools already for this cycle (20 schools) and because I have pretty good softs ended up on 5 waitlists (all good regional TT schools I would be willing to go to) thus far and still waiting to hear back from 7 schools. However I've decided to pretty much accept at this point that I'm going to to have to retake for the third time. Is it to late to shoot for the June test or should I wait for October?
You should wait till October cause you need serious help and practice if you are scoring that low

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Ginj wrote:Where do you want to go to school?
Pretty sure the philly area (where I'm from) so Temple/Villanova/Rutgers-Camden or DC area, American/GMU/GW. I have pretty bad GPA but a strong upward trend so I'm not even considering Penn or GULC. This cycle I've been waitlisted at Villanova and Rutgers, I'm still waiting on Temple (which is my first choice), and I was waitlisted at American; dinged at GMU and GW.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:44 pm

sterl1002 wrote:
Ginj wrote:Where do you want to go to school?
Pretty sure the philly area (where I'm from) so Temple/Villanova/Rutgers-Camden or DC area, American/GMU/GW. I have pretty bad GPA but a strong upward trend so I'm not even considering Penn or GULC. This cycle I've been waitlisted at Villanova and Rutgers, I'm still waiting on Temple (which is my first choice), and I was waitlisted at American; dinged at GMU and GW.
Dude retake and either get into a better school or get $$$$ at these schools. If you retake and you still can't do that, no no law school. These schools are not worth sticker

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Villanova may use their waitlist extensively this year depending upon the impact of the falsified reporting matter.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Did you put a good effor into preparing for the first two? If so, then don't even bother retaking, you won't get a good enough deal anywhere to justify going to law school.

sterl1002

New

Post by sterl1002 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:51 pm

splitmuch wrote:Did you put a good effor into preparing for the first two? If so, then don't even bother retaking, you won't get a good enough deal anywhere to justify going to law school.
I definitely feel I could put more effort in, when I took the first two times I was working three jobs and going to school full-time. I'll be graduating in May so I can study full-time. My school didn't offer any kind of LSAT prep course but I'll be moving home after graduation so I'll definitely be able to find a course in philly.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:53 pm

sterl1002 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Did you put a good effor into preparing for the first two? If so, then don't even bother retaking, you won't get a good enough deal anywhere to justify going to law school.
I definitely feel I could put more effort in, when I took the first two times I was working three jobs and going to school full-time. I'll be graduating in May so I can study full-time. My school didn't offer any kind of LSAT prep course but I'll be moving home after graduation so I'll definitely be able to find a course in philly.

In that case, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”