SuperPrep Test C

mac35352

SuperPrep Test C

Postby mac35352 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

This might be common knowledge to some judging by older threads but I wanted to hear what others out here think.
Preptest C LG was discouraging. I got -8 after constantly hitting -3 -2 on my last preptests.
I found it harder than usual, specially the second game. Even after doing it untimed I still got 2 wrong.
BTW, I find the Superprep to have the most helpful LR explanations. If you have trouble with this section consider the SuperPrep and carefully review your answers and read their explanations.

darkatillam2

Re: SuperPrep Test C

Postby darkatillam2 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 am

TLS1776's LSAT guide stated that PTs B and C were the hardest official LG sections out there. I took them too and concur in that assessment.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

tittsburghfeelers

Postby tittsburghfeelers » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 am

I agree with all of the above. I never did the LG bible or anything, but I had a knack for figuring out the LG problems. In fact, I was hardly ever missed a question on an entire LG - most of them were perfect scores. But when I did the superprep, I think I did the LGs for SuperPrep B and C twice. It's been about a month since I looked at my SuperPrep book, but I still remember one of the LGs that I could not figure out was the one about the cars. Like there were three years that cars were being built in different factories or something like that? Anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned if you struggled on these two. I thought that they were incredibly difficult and although I was initially discouraged by my LG scores, I looked around online and saw that the general consensus was that the SuperPrep LGs were the hardest out there. I don't know if either of you noticed this, but I felt like the test kind of felt different than a regular test. The LG's were hard and I thought the RC just seemed different from previous preptests that I had taken. I didn't know this when I bought the book, but I guess the SuperPrep book contains the only released LSATs from February exams. So, after the SuperPrep was a complete superfailure for me, I realized that I will not, under any circumstances, take the LSAT in February.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:07 am

tittsburghfeelers wrote:I agree with all of the above. I never did the LG bible or anything, but I had a knack for figuring out the LG problems. In fact, I was hardly ever missed a question on an entire LG - most of them were perfect scores. But when I did the superprep, I think I did the LGs for SuperPrep B and C twice. It's been about a month since I looked at my SuperPrep book, but I still remember one of the LGs that I could not figure out was the one about the cars. Like there were three years that cars were being built in different factories or something like that? Anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned if you struggled on these two. I thought that they were incredibly difficult and although I was initially discouraged by

my LG scores, I looked around online and saw that the general consensus was that the SuperPrep LGs
were the hardest out there. I don't know if either of you noticed this, but I felt like the test kind of felt different than a regular test. The LG's were hard and I thought the RC just seemed different from previous preptests that I had taken. I didn't know this when I bought the book, but I guess the SuperPrep book contains the only released LSATs
from February exams. So, after the SuperPrep was a complete superfailure for me, I realized that I will not, under any circumstances, take the LSAT in
February.

The car game was brutal. There were two question that I couldn't figure out untimed. The restaurant ranking game was time consuming and confusing. :?:
I am with you, after being exposed to this crazy games there is No Way I would test in February.
Just to be on the safe side.

pinkstark

Postby pinkstark » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 pm

mac35352 wrote:
tittsburghfeelers wrote:I agree with all of the above. I never did the LG bible or anything, but I had a knack for figuring out the LG problems. In fact, I was hardly ever missed a question on an entire LG - most of them were perfect scores. But when I did the superprep, I think I did the LGs for SuperPrep B and C twice. It's been about a month since I looked at my SuperPrep book, but I still remember one of the LGs that I could not figure out was the one about the cars. Like there were three years that cars were being built in different factories or something like that? Anyway, I wouldn't be too concerned if you struggled on these two. I thought that they were incredibly difficult and although I was initially discouraged by

my LG scores, I looked around online and saw that the general consensus was that the SuperPrep LGs
were the hardest out there. I don't know if either of you noticed this, but I felt like the test kind of felt different than a regular test. The LG's were hard and I thought the RC just seemed different from previous preptests that I had taken. I didn't know this when I bought the book, but I guess the SuperPrep book contains the only released LSATs
from February exams. So, after the SuperPrep was a complete superfailure for me, I realized that I will not, under any circumstances, take the LSAT in
February.

The car game was brutal. There were two question that I couldn't figure out untimed. The restaurant ranking game was time consuming and confusing. :?:
I am with you, after being exposed to this crazy games there is No Way I would test in February.
Just to be on the safe side.

I thought June LSATs are harder...Oh okay. thanks for the advice of getting SuperPrep for LR.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Consensus is correct, the LG sections in two of the SuperPrep tests are the hardest games sections as a whole from all available tests. Brutal is a good way to describe them. The trees in the park game is REALLY nasty! I pity the poor students that had to face those LG sections on test day.

I wouldn't get worried or freak out if those sections beat you up since they are anomalies.

Of course, leave it to LSAC to create more mystique about non-disclosed Feb tests by deciding to disclose the two with the hardest games sections ever many years later as the basis of SuperPrep, thereby creating the impression that Feb tests are more difficult test forms. However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Feb tests typically have harder games though, since the sample size we have is small and therefore not representative of all/most non-disclosed Feb tests.

It wouldn't surprise me if LSAC, when deciding which non-disclosed tests to publish and write about in SuperPrep, purposely choose those ones because of the brutal games rather than other non-disclosed Feb tests with normal difficulty level LG sections in order to mess with peoples minds and create unwarranted fear and speculation about what they do to people in February.

Aside from the unpleasant LG sections, the SuperPrep is a great prep book, especially for LR. The explanations are excellent and very insightful into the minds and thinking of the test writers (except for the LG explanations, those suck).

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Jeffort, I am definitely not using my new found LSAT skills in making that statement about February. I was obviously exaggerating. However, Just knowing that is not disclosed does it for me.
And this adds to the mistery.
Jeffort wrote:Of course, leave it to LSAC to create more mystique about non-disclosed Feb tests by deciding to disclose the two with the hardest games sections ever many years later as the basis of SuperPrep, thereby creating the impression that Feb tests are more difficult test forms. However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Feb tests typically have harder games though, since the sample size we have is small and therefore not representative of all/most non-disclosed Feb tests.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 pm

mac35352 wrote:Jeffort, I am definitely not using my new found LSAT skills in making that statement about February. I was obviously exaggerating. However, Just knowing that is not disclosed does it for me.
And this adds to the mistery.

Jeffort wrote:Of course, leave it to LSAC to create more mystique about non-disclosed Feb tests by deciding to disclose the two with the hardest games sections ever many years later as the basis of SuperPrep, thereby creating the impression that Feb tests are more difficult test forms. However, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Feb tests typically have harder games though, since the sample size we have is small and therefore not representative of all/most non-disclosed Feb tests.

I hear you! :D

For many reasons, I've never been happy that February administrations are non-disclosed due to the natural fears and uncertainty about KNOWN unknowable's that non-disclosed test forms generate. According to the immortal logical words of Donald Rumsfeld, Feb LSAT's are a 'known unknown'. That type of stuff plays on human nature to make people more nervous than usual when facing important high stakes stuff that "goes on your permanent record"!

In the prep biz, year after year students ask the same fear/uncertainty based questions about which test administration is harder/easier and about rumor mill stuff they heard RE: Feb tests, LG section difficulty, patterns, etc. Putting students minds and anxieties at ease in class with the "it's a standardized scaled test, the scale is fair, doesn't matter which one you take if you are prepared, etc. etc." spiel/explanation worked just fine to prevent mental breakdowns/freakouts and rebellion for years UNTIL LSAC released the SuperPrep book and students started taking those as timed practice tests leading up to test day.

Shortly after the book came out, people sometimes got angry in class and were like "you've been saying the difficulty level of tests and the scales are standardized to be fair and comparable test by test and balanced for relative difficulty level no matter which one I take, so WTF do you have to say about these two dude??!??!!!?" and I occasionally felt the need to bring a shield to big classes to block thrown water bottles!

Anyway, fun drama aside, I think it's pretty clear that LSAT test writers get their kicks by playing mind games on test takers.

mac35352

Postby mac35352 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 am

Shortly after the book came out, people sometimes got angry in class and were like "you've been saying the difficulty level of tests and the scales are standardized to be fair and comparable test by test and balanced for relative difficulty level no matter which one I take, so WTF do you have to say about these two dude??!??!!!?" and I occasionally felt the need to bring a shield to big classes to block thrown water bottles!

LOL! I do have to say that the scale is generous on PT C.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”