Taking prescription drugs with u to test center

BillsFan9907

Taking prescription drugs with u to test center

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm

What are the rules regarding taking prescription drugs with you to your test center (adderall etc..)

I'm guessing they cannot prevent you from doing so if you have a lawful reason to be in possession of the medication as doing so would probably be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Eichörnchen

Re: Taking prescription drugs with u to test center

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Yea I was curious about this too because I get migraines, so I would like to carry one of my "emergency - I'm dying" pills with me just in case. I haven't looked into it too much but I can't imagine them turning that away - that would be so cruel.

neyaae

Postby neyaae » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:37 pm

I brought my ritalin and they didn't ask me about it at all. I just put the prescription bottle with my name on it and everything in the bag with all of my other stuff. Maybe I had a more lenient test center. You could call LSAC and see what they say.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 pm

neyaae wrote:I brought my ritalin and they didn't ask me about it at all. I just put the prescription bottle with my name on it and everything in the bag with all of my other stuff. Maybe I had a more lenient test center. You could call LSAC and see what they say.

So they are serious about the whole bag thing? You can't keep ANYTHING in your pocket?

neyaae

Postby neyaae » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:47 pm

I mean they didn't check pockets that I could see...but I didn't have anything in there so nothing was obvious.

venetian_red_velvet

Postby venetian_red_velvet » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm asthmatic, and kept my inhaler in its box (with my prescription info on the outside) in my plastic bag the whole time. No problems whatsoever.

A girl I went in with had an inhaler without the box, and asked if she could keep it on the desktop with her the whole time. Our proctor told her that was fine, but I'm not sure all test centers are that lenient.

youarereadingthis

Postby youarereadingthis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 pm

What about bottled water? What's the policy on that?

I needs to quench my thirstiness.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:55 pm

You are allowed to bring in legal medications. They fall under medical or hygiene products. A bottle of water or juice is allowed for break, max 20 oz. and not in an aluminum can.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

Items Allowed in the Test Room

Test takers may bring into the test room only a clear plastic ziplock bag, maximum size one gallon (3.79 liter), which must be stored under the chair and may be accessed only during the break. The sealed ziplock bag may contain only the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub; valid ID; wallet; keys; analog (nondigital) wristwatch; medical or hygiene products; #2 or HB wooden pencils, a highlighter, erasers, pencil sharpener (no mechanical pencils); tissues; and beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only. No aluminum cans permitted.

BillsFan9907

Postby BillsFan9907 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Jeffort wrote:You are allowed to bring in legal medications. They fall under medical or hygiene products. A bottle of water or juice is allowed for break, max 20 oz. and not in an aluminum can.

http://www.lsac.org/JD/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

Items Allowed in the Test Room

Test takers may bring into the test room only a clear plastic ziplock bag, maximum size one gallon (3.79 liter), which must be stored under the chair and may be accessed only during the break. The sealed ziplock bag may contain only the following items: LSAT Admission Ticket stub; valid ID; wallet; keys; analog (nondigital) wristwatch; medical or hygiene products; #2 or HB wooden pencils, a highlighter, erasers, pencil sharpener (no mechanical pencils); tissues; and beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack for break only. No aluminum cans permitted.

Thanks. That settles it.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:00 pm

I brought a benzodiazepine with me in my shirt pocket just in case the nerves got to me. I did this both times I took the test and they didn't expect anything. I have a perscription but I didn't see the need to take the bottle with me (though it might have been problematic if I got caught...)

The LSAT is not prison. As long as you're not obviously in need of a fix or have a suspicious bulge in your pocket they'll let you take the test.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”