RC Wall....Please Help

accuratesite2020

RC Wall....Please Help

Postby accuratesite2020 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:15 am

Since the beginning, RC has been my best area, but as of late I haven't really improved. My LG and LR has slowly crept up to where I started out at RC which is great, but I need RC to be more consistent and make less mistakes to mitigate any possible problems in LR. I've used voyager's advice, tore through PS RC bible, and recently just went through the ATLAS guide which I thought was the best. I enjoyed the way they explained the reading process. I realized I spent too much time underlining and trying to memorize details, rather than absorbing the structure and its relation to the main point.

Anyway, can someone please tell me how I can trim my wrong answers to under -5. I am anywhere from -7 on a good day to -9/10 on a bad day. Usually my mistakes are not on main idea or global questions. Rather, they occur when pressed for time and I end up forcing a detail question or lack the time to reread.

I think my only option at this point is just to blast through timed passages daily and do a timed section every other day or so? Is this the best way to go? Thanks.

99.9luft

Re: RC Wall....Please Help

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 am

EDIT: wow, can't believe i missed the word ATLAS capitalized. Thanks, Kurt!
Last edited by 99.9luft on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurst

Re: RC Wall....Please Help

Postby Kurst » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:04 pm

accuratesite2020 wrote:recently just went through the ATLAS guide which I thought was the best. I enjoyed the way they explained the reading process.... Anyway, can someone please tell me how I can trim my wrong answers to under -5.
99.9luft wrote:I highly recommend the Manhattan LSAT RC guide. Very insightful, and teaches you things not covered in the RC bible and the TLS methods (voyager's incl.).

?...

RC tips and strategies: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127185#p3370904

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”