Spend time on the "forgotten few"?

Tdawg7669

Spend time on the "forgotten few"?

Postby Tdawg7669 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Hey I plan on taking the test in June. I just got done with the logic games bible. That is except for the "forgotten few" chapter, that goes over the type of games that havent been on the test in a while.

To this point I have been spending my time learning the material and I feel I am ready to start taking timed test(thinking about using the method where you take each PT twice first timed and then untimed)

However do you guys think there is a significant chance of those types of games showing up this go around? I want optimal allocation of my time.

soj

Re: Spend time on the "forgotten few"?

Postby soj » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:52 pm

It's worth going over at least once, maybe even twice for particular questions that cause you trouble. Being comfortable with different question types and having the confidence to adapt in a test situation is important, even if the particular question type doesn't show up.

hobbsey

Postby hobbsey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 am

I took the LSAT in June 2010 and my experimental LG section had a pure pattern game with only two variables, no diagram at all. Something about trucks? Anyways I feel like there's something like that coming in the future so it might be worth looking at.

barnum

Postby barnum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:36 am

That wasn't the experimental section.

tittsburghfeelers

Postby tittsburghfeelers » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:57 pm

barnum wrote:That wasn't the experimental section.

lol buzzkill

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Those game types havent been seen since like 1992. Id wager youre fine.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:59 pm

If you are learning through studying how to make correct inferences and generally understand how to arrive at the answers for the LG questions, curveballs shouldn't faze you too much if you happen to see them (like the stones game mentioned above). The key is more thinking correctly rather than memorizing game types.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:02 pm

incompetentia wrote:If you are learning through studying how to make correct inferences and generally understand how to arrive at the answers for the LG questions, curveballs shouldn't faze you too much if you happen to see them (like the stones game mentioned above). The key is more thinking correctly rather than memorizing game types.

Thats fair. If youre doing it for this reason, id say go for it. Dont do it for the game type itself.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 pm

incompetentia wrote:If you are learning through studying how to make correct inferences and generally understand how to arrive at the answers for the LG questions, curveballs shouldn't faze you too much if you happen to see them (like the stones game mentioned above). The key is more thinking correctly rather than memorizing game types.

^this

Getting bogged down with thoughts like 'what type of game is this? How do I classify it?' on test day can sometimes be counterproductive, frustrating and time wasting especially when you encounter unusual/non-traditional games that don't neatly fit into one of the typical molds.

That's one of my big complaints about the LGB, it overly classifies things with all those neat terms like overloaded, underfunded, balanced, unbalanced, etc. and sometimes gets people overly concerned about classification rather than just getting down to the rules, structure, relationships and operation of the game.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”