Need help - PrepTest 35, Game #2 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
UCSD1984

New

Need help - PrepTest 35, Game #2

Post by UCSD1984 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Really easy game, but the last question (#12) isn't making much sense to me. The initial diagram I created for the game was the following;

P L S
V W V
W X Y
X Z X
Z/ /T /Z
T/ /T

This diagram worked fine in answering all the questions quickly. Once I got to #12, the diagram changed only slightly. This is what I came up with;

P L S
V W V
W X Y
X Z /Z
Z/ /T /T
T/

This led me to conclude that the answer was "C". However, the answer is "D"? I'm assuming I didn't do the rule replacement correctly, but I've been staring at it for about 15 minutes and I can't see what I did wrong exactly. I'm sure it's something silly, since this question was really easy. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry about the crappy list, I couldn't order it up for the life of me.

510Chicken

New

Re: Need help - PrepTest 35, Game #2

Post by 510Chicken » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:06 pm

UCSD1984 wrote: P L S
V W V
W X Y
X Z /Z
Z/ /T /T
T/

This led me to conclude that the answer was "C". However, the answer is "D"? I'm assuming I didn't do the rule replacement correctly, but I've been staring at it for about 15 minutes and I can't see what I did wrong exactly. I'm sure it's something silly, since this question was really easy. Thanks in advance.
The new condition does not preclude X from having more features than W, since even if it does they will still only have exactly 2 in common. You need to add X back as a possibility to Sunroofs. Once you do...

(C) V and X can have both sunroofs and Power Windows together. So this is not necessarily false.

(D) Since W MUST have Power Windows and Leather Interior (2) ONLY, and since it needs to overlap with X exactly twice, X must have both those features as well. Since Z has Leather Interior (so as to only overlap with V once), it must share at least that one feature with X.

UCSD1984

New

Re: Need help - PrepTest 35, Game #2

Post by UCSD1984 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Oh, right. I'm not sure why I didn't examine the possibility that X can have a Sunroof. Thank you so much, I knew it was something silly. I really appreciate your time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”