3|ink

Re: 3link's LSAT Preparation Spreadsheet

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 am

shadowofjazz wrote:possibly retaking here (so I'm still studying). Is there anyway for end-users to add a fourth assignment section and add newer tests (PT64 and 65 when its available late Jan/early Feb) to the material section. I do sections from 4 distinct tests per day to keep the feel of the actual timing of the test throughout my prep. Thanks!

I'm sure I can do all of that, but my hands are tied for another week while I finish finals. I'll have this updated by Wednesday of next week.

bdeebs

Postby bdeebs » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 pm

First of all, this is amazing. I almost had a heart attack from my excitement when I found this because I've been using a very primitive spreadsheet to track my progress without the trending options.
I'd like to see an option to categorize the test as either Timed or Not Timed, and then a trending option to look at either your timed tests, untimed tests, or both. I feel like inputting data for untimed tests is good in order to have more data about the types of questions I tend to get wrong, but I would like to be able to track the progress of my timed tests specifically as well. I've only just begun inputting data for the tests I've already taken, so I may have missed this feature in my initial overview of the program. If so, I apologize and I'm sure I will discover it soon.

Thank you so much for this resource.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:06 am

bdeebs wrote:First of all, this is amazing. I almost had a heart attack from my excitement when I found this because I've been using a very primitive spreadsheet to track my progress without the trending options.
I'd like to see an option to categorize the test as either Timed or Not Timed, and then a trending option to look at either your timed tests, untimed tests, or both. I feel like inputting data for untimed tests is good in order to have more data about the types of questions I tend to get wrong, but I would like to be able to track the progress of my timed tests specifically as well. I've only just begun inputting data for the tests I've already taken, so I may have missed this feature in my initial overview of the program. If so, I apologize and I'm sure I will discover it soon.

Thank you so much for this resource.

Hey.

Thanks for the feedback. I have so many changes to implement. I've really been slacking. I expected to have more downtime at work, but it's been killing me lately. I still have to update the exam to include the October test. Jesus.

The LSAT hasn't sent me the materials for December yet. Not sure what's up with that.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do tomorrow now that I'm somewhat ahead of my studies. At the very least I should be able to update the spreadsheet to include the October exam.

cokeandkerouac

Postby cokeandkerouac » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm using it for Mac with Excel 2011 and it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks so much man! You really killed it.

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 pm

3link-- any progress on making this for the older mac versions of Excel (04 or 07)? I know you mentioned earlier you were going to try and do that.

Looks like a great resource! I just want to avoid rebuying excel for it!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:14 pm

gobosox wrote:3link-- any progress on making this for the older mac versions of Excel (04 or 07)? I know you mentioned earlier you were going to try and do that.

Looks like a great resource! I just want to avoid rebuying excel for it!

It will depend on what my Summer looks like. Definitely can't get to this before exams in early May.

FantasticMrFox

Postby FantasticMrFox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Wow tag

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu May 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Update: 5/10/12

Added PTs 64-65.

Enjoy!

North

Postby North » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm

It looks like Google has decided that the blank version is in violation of Google Doc's Terms of Service.

Is it just me? Here's the link. In the meantime, is the demo version functionally the same as the blank version once the sample data is deleted?

Also, you, sir, are a God.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 pm

North wrote:It looks like Google has decided that the blank version is in violation of Google Doc's Terms of Service.

Is it just me? Here's the link. In the meantime, is the demo version functionally the same as the blank version once the sample data is deleted?

Also, you, sir, are a God.

Thanks for the heads-up. Some turd reported it to google as inappropriate, so I have to appeal for a review through google.docs.

I've replaced the link for the time being. Once google reviews and approves the other link, I'll switch back because it'll be immune from further horseshit like this.

And yes. The sample is the same document + data.

ETA: Also working on a more coherent instruction manual. I rushed the last one.

bdeebs

Postby bdeebs » Wed May 30, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm having a little trouble with the score showing up for some of my tests. I entered 3 and they worked fine, but the rest are not showing up. Rows 317 and later appear to work, but before 317 doesn't show a score when I input my section scores.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed May 30, 2012 9:14 pm

bdeebs wrote:I'm having a little trouble with the score showing up for some of my tests. I entered 3 and they worked fine, but the rest are not showing up. Rows 317 and later appear to work, but before 317 doesn't show a score when I input my section scores.

Can you send your spreadsheet to i3linkez@gmail.com? It'll help me fix the issue. I'll email the fixed copy back to you.

Thanks

NiceOne

Postby NiceOne » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

Great Tool!

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Holy shit, this is so awesome....
I'm prepping for my October retake, and this will be a HUGE help in isolating my weaknesses on the test.
Amazing work! Thank you! :D

danshupp

Postby danshupp » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:29 pm

I have Excel 2003 at work and there are a ton of errors popping up. Anyway around this or is this Excel version just too damn old?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm

danshupp wrote:I have Excel 2003 at work and there are a ton of errors popping up. Anyway around this or is this Excel version just too damn old?

Yeah. My bad. Doesn't work with excel 2003. Excel 2003 doesn't have an IFERROR function, which is crucial.

However, there is a way around this by manually creating the function. See here.

Follow those instructions carefully. In theory, it should work afterwords.

Charlie.Home

Postby Charlie.Home » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm using excel 2010 on windows 7 64-bit. When I save the file (without making any changes) I get error "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references". Any ideas how to fix?

Otherwise, this thing looks amazing.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:44 am

Charlie.Home wrote:I'm using excel 2010 on windows 7 64-bit. When I save the file (without making any changes) I get error "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references". Any ideas how to fix?

Otherwise, this thing looks amazing.

Yep. Whenever you see that error message, it is because the "LSAT DATE" in the schedule page has passed. The latest version I uploaded has an LSAT DATE of June 11th, 2012. Thus, you'll get an error as soon as you save. You need to do two things to fix this: change the LSAT date to a date later than today (ideally your actual LSAT date) and hit the "refresh" button on the display filter. That should fix it.

ams212

Postby ams212 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 am

Tag

dusters

Postby dusters » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Is there a list somewhere of what questions are what question type, or are you just supposed to go back when reviewing and then determine that?

Thanks for the spreadsheet

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm

dusters wrote:Is there a list somewhere of what questions are what question type, or are you just supposed to go back when reviewing and then determine that?

Thanks for the spreadsheet

Every prep test company has them. I didn't do that myself because not everyone will use the same prep materials.

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 am

I don't seem to be able to access it. Has google possibly taken it down again? Is anybody else having trouble getting to it? This spreadsheet looks fantastic, so I'd really appreciate help with this :)

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:58 pm

beautyistruth wrote:I don't seem to be able to access it. Has google possibly taken it down again? Is anybody else having trouble getting to it? This spreadsheet looks fantastic, so I'd really appreciate help with this :)

I just downloaded it from both of my computers. I don't think anything is wrong with the link at this time. Have you tried a different browser?

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I have a mac, and I've tried downloading it off Safari and IE with my virtual PC. Neither work. Both send me to a google page.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm

beautyistruth wrote:I have a mac, and I've tried downloading it off Safari and IE with my virtual PC. Neither work. Both send me to a google page.

The link should take you to a page that looks like this:
Let me know if you're seeing something else.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”