Adam Banks

Re: 3link's LSAT Preparation Spreadsheet

Postby Adam Banks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:44 pm

beautyistruth wrote:I have a mac, and I've tried downloading it off Safari and IE with my virtual PC. Neither work. Both send me to a google page.

I have a Mac as well and used Firefox. I had no problem downloading the spreadsheet with that.

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Hm...I'll try that. Safari works fine until it tries to open the file in Excel. I'm told that the file is corrupted or unsupported. I'll try firefox. Thanks :)
Last edited by beautyistruth on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Yup, tried it in firefox. Everything worked perfectly until Excel tried to open the fire. I got an error message that told me "the file might have been damaged or modified from its original format." I'm using Excel for mac.

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:24 am

3link-- any word on getting a copy for older versions of excel for macs?

Thanks!!

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:55 pm

how do you add newer PTs to this thing?

edit: I just saw that you added new ones on your own. I want to add 66 though. Is there any way I can do this manually ?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:28 pm

penguinbrah wrote:how do you add newer PTs to this thing?

edit: I just saw that you added new ones on your own. I want to add 66 though. Is there any way I can do this manually ?

There really isn't a way to do it manually. I'll add 66 on Friday. Can't do it before then because I'm really busy. You'll be able to transfer whatever data you input now to the new version.

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm

3|ink wrote:
penguinbrah wrote:how do you add newer PTs to this thing?

There really isn't a way to do it manually. I'll add 66 on Friday. Can't do it before then because I'm really busy. You'll be able to transfer whatever data you input now to the new version.

no rush take your time, thanks!

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Updated for PT 66 today. Also made a few fixes to the materials sheet.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Edit: I've figured out what my problem was, for some reason enabling macros didn't really enable them. I have another question though, is there any way at all to record multiple different sections' misses by question types? E.G. I currently have a PT entered for today and its question types and misses by sections, but am trying to add more misses by question types and it isn't working ... the instructions seem to suggest it isn't, but do you have any idea how I might? I guess I could just add those missed to my PT, decreasing my score, but I'd like my trends to be accurate

I also seem to be stuck on this screen, the dates have disappeared ... I was trying to add to RC under types missed but can't. I suck at Excel so pardon my fail

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 am

Sorry for my delay getting back to you. Could you clarify your first question? You wanted to add more questions by section type? As in more than 6 question types for a particular section?

Regarding your second question, my guess is that one of the rows are still expanded.

Check to see if any of the check marks are selected. The columns will remain expanded until all of the rows are unchecked.

M.M.

Postby M.M. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm

3|ink wrote:Sorry for my delay getting back to you. Could you clarify your first question? You wanted to add more questions by section type? As in more than 6 question types for a particular section?

Regarding your second question, my guess is that one of the rows are still expanded.

Check to see if any of the check marks are selected. The columns will remain expanded until all of the rows are unchecked.

As for my first question, I meant: if I do a PT and enter my number missed per section, then classify the type per section, then later that day do timed sections and want to add type missed per section, can I in any way?

As for not being able to see the dates, it's odd but I did ctrl+a and ctrl+f and typed "display" so I could try to find where it was that you were talking about, and the dates appeared again. The problem I had before was not that I had them checked, it was whether i could uncheck them or not, they just weren't there and whatever i clicked the rows stayed expanded (if I understood your post right)

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:34 pm

M.M. wrote:As for my first question, I meant: if I do a PT and enter my number missed per section, then classify the type per section, then later that day do timed sections and want to add type missed per section, can I in any way?

I assume you would use a different test for the timed sections, right? If so, yes. That's what assignments 2 and 3 are there for. Select the test the same way you would under assignment one. Then click on the black circle next to 2 or one to activate them once you have the date expanded. For instance, say I completed P3 in a day and I wanted to do a few timed sections in P4. You'd start out like this:

Select Assignment 2
Select PT 4
Add your scores per for whatever sections you did. For the sections you omitted, type "n"
The sections you type "n" in will grey out
You can always access the omitted sections later by selecting P4 on the dropdown menu.
When you do access P4 again, the sections you've already completed will be greyed out

M.M. wrote:As for not being able to see the dates, it's odd but I did ctrl+a and ctrl+f and typed "display" so I could try to find where it was that you were talking about, and the dates appeared again. The problem I had before was not that I had them checked, it was whether i could uncheck them or not, they just weren't there and whatever i clicked the rows stayed expanded (if I understood your post right)

I'm a little confused. Why'd you search for display? The checkboxes control column A, which is hidden. The value of the cells in column A is either true or false. If the checkbox is checked, the adjacent cell in column A becomes "true." If any of the cells in column a are "true," the columns in whichever assignment is selected are expanded. The trigger to return those columns to normal is that there are no "true" cells in column A.

bkt0991

Postby bkt0991 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:55 pm

I don't know if this has been addressed or not, but PT #10 and 11 are switched on the materials workbook. 10 Should be February 94 and 11 should be June 94. :D

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Is there a way I can input the 2nd time I did a PT section? For example, I did a test and got -8, then 3 days later i retook it and got a -1, is there anyway I can keep track of those with this program? It doesnt need to be inputted into the graphs, because then I could see the graphs as not being very accurate portrayal of your progress, but at least allow me to input the values.

Thanks

Red Forman

Postby Red Forman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 am

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm

mvonh001 wrote:Is there a way I can input the 2nd time I did a PT section? For example, I did a test and got -8, then 3 days later i retook it and got a -1, is there anyway I can keep track of those with this program? It doesnt need to be inputted into the graphs, because then I could see the graphs as not being very accurate portrayal of your progress, but at least allow me to input the values.

Thanks

I thought about implementing that but it would have made the spreadsheet even more complicated than it already is (if you can imagine that).

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Sorry folks. I've been putting off updating this for too long. I'll update it tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually, I just remembered that I have to renew my license in February. Can people let me know if they're using this so I can decide whether to renew the license and continue updating?

North

Postby North » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 pm

I hate to say it, but you finally have some formidable competition from lsatqa.com.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”