... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

License is up. Sorry folks.
Last edited by 3|ink on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am, edited 24 times in total.

Eichörnchen

Silver

Re: 3link's LSAT Preparation Spreadsheet

Post by Eichörnchen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Oooooooh la la you are fantastic. Thanks! :mrgreen:

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 pm

This is pretty bad ass! great job!

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Oooooooh la la you are fantastic. Thanks! :mrgreen:
gaud wrote:This is pretty bad ass! great job!

Thanks. Any feedback on its design would be appreciated.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:26 pm

On the last section, maybe instead of last 7 days last 14 days, etc, it could be last 2 tests, last 5 tests, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kls120

New

Post by kls120 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 pm

dude you are the best. i really appreciate it

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:58 pm

coldshoulder wrote:On the last section, maybe instead of last 7 days last 14 days, etc, it could be last 2 tests, last 5 tests, etc.
Thanks. That's a pretty good idea :)
kls120 wrote:dude you are the best. i really appreciate it

:)

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 am

This is really good. Thanks.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 am

I'm downloading it, I'll go ahead and give it a shot and see if I can beta test it some for you :)
Very good idea man, hell you could market this for sale through powerscore, manhattan, something like that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 am

Having a tough time opening it and keeping it open without it crashing. Might be because I'm using OpenOffice though, don't have a microsoft office subscription.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 am

coldshoulder wrote:Having a tough time opening it and keeping it open without it crashing. Might be because I'm using OpenOffice though, don't have a microsoft office subscription.
Sorry :(

Not supporting openoffice at this time. The spreadsheet uses a lot of macros that wouldn't work with that program. But I hear that the next version of Open Office will allow macros. Thank you for trying, though. I wish there were a way you could make use of this.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:15 am

3|ink wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:Having a tough time opening it and keeping it open without it crashing. Might be because I'm using OpenOffice though, don't have a microsoft office subscription.
Sorry :(

Not supporting openoffice at this time. The spreadsheet uses a lot of macros that wouldn't work with that program. But I hear that the next version of Open Office will allow macros. Thank you for trying, though. I wish there were a way you could make use of this.
:( Damn. No worries though, it's my fault for being too cheap to buy MS Office. Soon as summer comes around and I buy a MBP I'll buy office with it.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Shameless bump.

Instructions coming out this week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:05 pm

3|ink wrote:Shameless bump.

Wow Awesome~!

But Can you make 5 section version of it? I am not a tech guy, so I do not know how to modify it...what a shame.... :oops:

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

lovejopd wrote:

Wow Awesome~!

But Can you make 5 section version of it? I am not a tech guy, so I do not know how to modify it...what a shame.... :oops:
You mean so you can do 5 sections in a day? You can actually do that with the spreadsheet as it is.

In the image above, I have assigned PT 9 for April 5th, 2011. I have also assigned PT 10, LR1 for that day. How did I limit PT10 to LR1?

At first, I simply assigned PT 10 to Assignment 2 for April 5th, 2011 by selecting PT10 in the dropdown menu under 'Test'. By default, the spreadsheet assumes you intend to take all four sections. You just have to tell the spreadsheet which sections you don't want to take.

To do this, just type an 'n' in the cells representing the sections you DO NOT want to take that day. When you do this, the cells will revert with light-grey again, as they were before you assigned PT 10. See assignment 2 below. I have already typed an 'n' in LR2 and RC. The LG slot has yet to revert to light-grey because I have yet to hit enter.

The significance of this is that the spreadsheet recognizes that you have saved the LR2, RC and LG sections of PT10 for another day. Here's what PT10's row looks like on the 'Materials' sheet. Notice how all of PT9 is assigned for April 5th. Only LR1 of PT10 is assigned for that day.

And this is how PT10 looks in the selection menu on the 'Schedule' sheet. It now shows lr2, rc and lg in parentheses next to PT10, indicating that only those sections are available for that PT.

And if I were to assign PT again with only those sections remaining, LR1's cell would automatically remain light-grey. You wouldn't have to type an 'n' in there. It remembers.

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 pm

3|ink wrote:
lovejopd wrote:

Wow Awesome~!

You mean so you can do 5 sections in a day? You can actually do that with the spreadsheet as it is.

In the image above, I have assigned PT 9 for April 5th, 2011. I have also assigned PT 10, LR1 for that day. How did I limit PT10 to LR1?

At first, I simply assigned PT 10 to Assignment 2 for April 5th, 2011 by selecting PT10 in the dropdown menu under 'Test'. By default, the spreadsheet assumes you intend to take all four sections. You just have to tell the spreadsheet which sections you don't want to take.

To do this, just type an 'n' in the cells representing the sections you DO NOT want to take that day. When you do this, the cells will revert with light-grey again, as they were before you assigned PT 10. See assignment 2 below. I have already typed an 'n' in LR2 and RC. The LG slot has yet to revert to light-grey because I have yet to hit enter.

The significance of this is that the spreadsheet recognizes that you have saved the LR2, RC and LG sections of PT10 for another day. Here's what PT10's row looks like on the 'Materials' sheet. Notice how all of PT9 is assigned for April 5th. Only LR1 of PT10 is assigned for that day.

And this is how PT10 looks in the selection menu on the 'Schedule' sheet. It now shows lr2, rc and lg in parentheses next to PT10, indicating that only those sections are available for that PT.

And if I were to assign PT again with only those sections remaining, LR1's cell would automatically remain light-grey. You wouldn't have to type an 'n' in there. It remembers.

Thank you so much...but sorry for misunderstanding. What I meant was how to add experimental section in the spreadsheet with where it comes from if I add it from previous tests NOT how I can record more than 1 test a day. Thank you in advance! :lol:

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 pm

lovejopd wrote:
Thank you so much...but sorry for misunderstanding. What I meant was how to add experimental section in the spreadsheet with where it comes from if I add it from previous tests NOT how I can record more than 1 test a day. Thank you in advance! :lol:
I didn't add a full test. I added a single section. Specifically, LR1 of PT10. That would be the experimental to go with PT9. I thought that's what you were asking.

You say you want to add an experimental from a previous test. Do you mean to say you want to repeat a section?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:27 pm

Excellent. Thanks

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:03 am

3|ink wrote:
lovejopd wrote:
I didn't add a full test. I added a single section. Specifically, LR1 of PT10. That would be the experimental to go with PT9. I thought that's what you were asking.

You say you want to add an experimental from a previous test. Do you mean to say you want to repeat a section?
I got you! Thank you! I thought LR1 of PT 10 was part of your second Prep test.

tehrocstar

Bronze

Post by tehrocstar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

WOW! this is amazing! Well done, this is going to be ridiculously useful. Also, you used a ton of vba userforms, I know how much of a pain in the ass those can be to build.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 pm

tehrocstar wrote:WOW! this is amazing! Well done, this is going to be ridiculously useful. Also, you used a ton of vba userforms, I know how much of a pain in the ass those can be to build.

But those userforms were a piece of cake compared to writing this damn manual.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ssingh111

New

Post by ssingh111 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

wow this is very impressive! If you dont mind me asking, how many test do you take in a week?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

ssingh111 wrote:wow this is very impressive! If you dont mind me asking, how many test do you take in a week?
None. I've already taken the test. However, I took about 2 tests a week back when I was studying for it. On days I didn't take a PT I'd usually take 2-3 random sections. In hindsight I wish I had spent more time analyzing my results than taking so many sections.

*Ari*

New

Post by *Ari* » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Awesome, thanks! I used the last version and plan on using this again when I begin to study again. Just a quick question though. Where are tests 59+?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:38 pm

*Ari* wrote:Awesome, thanks! I used the last version and plan on using this again when I begin to study again. Just a quick question though. Where are tests 59+?
They're in there. This will take some explaining.

This spreadsheet allows you to keep track of materials in your possession. You can tell the spreadsheet which PTs you have and don't have. On the materials page, click anywhere in the area within the far left columns... (example below for PT22)

to tell the spreadsheet whether you have or don't have a particular test. In the above example, the spreadsheet acknowledges that you do have PT 22. In the below example, it doesn't.

This is relevant to your question because you can set the filter at the top of the materials page to omit PTs that you don't have on the Materials chart.

This is the current setting for the 'Demo'. I have toggled PTs 59-62 as 'don't have' and have set the filter to show only PTs I do have.

The blank version of the spreadsheet should show all of the practice tests. Every test is 'Have' by default.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”