New Rule by LSAC?

rht82688

New Rule by LSAC?

Postby rht82688 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 am

Anyone notice this apparently new rule by LSAC?:

"In addition, all candidates must attach to their ticket a recent photograph (taken within the last six months) showing only the face and shoulders. The photograph must be clear enough so there is no doubt about the test taker's identity, and must be no larger than 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm) and no smaller than 1 x 1 inch (3 x 3 cm). Your face in the photo must show you as you look on the day of the test (for example, with or without a beard). The photograph will be retained by LSAC only as long as needed to assure the authenticity of test scores and to protect the integrity of the testing process."

"If you do not present both acceptable identification and the required photograph, you will be denied entrance to the testing room."

I didn't think we needed any additional photograph and that our license was sufficient.....

svg221

Re: New Rule by LSAC?

Postby svg221 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:22 am

april fool's day joke?

rht82688

Postby rht82688 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 am

haha not unless LSAC is playing an April Fool's joke on us......http://www.lsac.org/jd/LSAT/day-of-test.asp

LLB2JD

Postby LLB2JD » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 am

rht82688 wrote:Anyone notice this apparently new rule by LSAC?:

"In addition, all candidates must attach to their ticket a recent photograph (taken within the last six months) showing only the face and shoulders. The photograph must be clear enough so there is no doubt about the test taker's identity, and must be no larger than 2 x 2 inches (5 x 5 cm) and no smaller than 1 x 1 inch (3 x 3 cm). Your face in the photo must show you as you look on the day of the test (for example, with or without a beard). The photograph will be retained by LSAC only as long as needed to assure the authenticity of test scores and to protect the integrity of the testing process."

"If you do not present both acceptable identification and the required photograph, you will be denied entrance to the testing room."

I didn't think we needed any additional photograph and that our license was sufficient.....

This was standard for LSAT takers overseas.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 am

They emailed out an announcement about it on Thursday, 3/31:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/ls ... print.html

I suspect that they would've sent it out on April Fools' Day itself if they wanted to make a joke.

Also, I've never known LSAC to make April Fools' jokes, or jokes of any kind (other than really subtle ones in actual PrepTest questions).

This seems like a pretty reasonable change, as it has been in effect overseas/in Canada for a while. The June exam is the first test administration of their cycle - it's when they tend to introduce modifications to their policies.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:20 pm

My license does feature a photograph that was taken within 6 months from the test date. Probably will still require another picture, eh?

R2010

Postby R2010 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 pm

I wrote the LSAT in Canada and we had to attach a photgraph in addition to having ID. So, I don't think it's a new rule, but perhaps they are merely expanding the rule to include US writers as well?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 pm

I do not think this rule is very enforceable. I can not get a new license every time I decide to shave.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I do not think this rule is very enforceable. I can not get a new license every time I decide to shave.

You don't need a new ID. You just need to print a new picture of yourself. They just want a printed copy of a photo that looks like you did on test day to retain for later.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:26 pm

bk1 wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I do not think this rule is very enforceable. I can not get a new license every time I decide to shave.

You don't need a new ID. You just need to print a new picture of yourself. They just want a printed copy of a photo that looks like you did on test day to retain for later.

IC they are getting intense.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

To be clear, do NOT bring a printout of your TLS avatar.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

jarofsoup wrote:IC they are getting intense.

I mean I knew kids in high school who paid to have their SAT taken for them, but the fact that LSAC already fingerprints and uses official ID... I don't see how this is going to help them fight cheating more effectively as I don't really see them putting these to use.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:To be clear, do NOT bring a printout of your TLS avatar.

What if we actually are Bob Morse?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

bk1 wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:To be clear, do NOT bring a printout of your TLS avatar.

What if we actually are Bob Morse?

definitely not.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

This rule blows. Have to get a passport photo now, since I don't have a recent picture or access to a color printer.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:00 pm

99.9luft wrote:

This rule blows. Have to get a passport photo now, since I don't have a recent picture or access to a color printer.

It doesn't say color?

And you don't have a phone/webcam/anything that can take a picture?

rht82688

Postby rht82688 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:19 pm

I was going to shave my head and rock a beard for the test....Guess I'll have that photograph taken a week before gameday....

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 pm

LSAC could require every test taker to bring nine forms of ID, a specific brand name snack for the break, and a goat that we've raised in our yard for at least six months, and we'd all comply. Because they're LSAC, the non-profit organ of the law school admissions departments.

Stonewall

Postby Stonewall » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:37 pm

delusional wrote:LSAC could require every test taker to bring nine forms of ID, a specific brand name snack for the break, and a goat that we've raised in our yard for at least six months, and we'd all comply. Because they're LSAC, the non-profit organ of the law school admissions departments.

so you're saying its not customary to bring one to an administration?

delusional

Postby delusional » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Stonewall wrote:
delusional wrote:LSAC could require every test taker to bring nine forms of ID, a specific brand name snack for the break, and a goat that we've raised in our yard for at least six months, and we'd all comply. Because they're LSAC, the non-profit organ of the law school admissions departments.

Many people have trouble fitting it into the ziplock bag.

rht82688

Postby rht82688 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:43 pm

I was under the impression that a lizard, toy dinosaur, trapped honey bees, a fossil, a clown costume (plaid) were all required for entry?

Yassig

Postby Yassig » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:59 pm

delusional wrote:
Stonewall wrote:

Many people have trouble fitting it into the ziplock bag.

Only if it's not the pygmy variety.

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Walgreens will give you a passport photo for like $10.00 Or you can take a photo yourself on a blank background and print it at Walgreens for like 90 cents.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 pm

And the easiest way of all to deal with LSAC rules is this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”