what would I do once I don't have any more practice exams?

deblaw

what would I do once I don't have any more practice exams?

Postby deblaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:05 pm

So, I am taking the LSAT on december, and I've used two prep books (10 official LSAT books).
What will I do once I've used all my practice exams but havent improved a lot?

Jack Smirks

Re: what would I do once I don't have any more practice exams?

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 pm

You still have two more official books and the superprep (and PT 62) to work through. If you're not seeing results you're doing it wrong man.

Have you cracked the bibles yet?

deblaw

Postby deblaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:13 pm

naterj wrote:You still have two more official books and the superprep (and PT 62) to work through. If you're not seeing results you're doing it wrong man.

Have you cracked the bibles yet?

No, I havent cracked the bible yet. I did improve a bit through the prep books, but I haven't improved enough to reach the desired score :(

Yassig

Postby Yassig » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:17 pm

If you haven't cracked the Bibles, stop PTing temporarily and get back to the basics. There's no point going through the tests if your approach is wrong. Go through the Bibles, learn the tools for each of the questions, then go back to PTing. Drill, drill, and drill some more and you'll become a pro in no time.

Also, how are you approaching your studying? After you take a PT, how are you reviewing? Are you following a certain method for studying? LSATBlog and Pithypike's Guide are great ways for setting yourself up to "get" the material. But again, stop trying to take tests until you've got the basics down pat. Then build up to it again.
Last edited by Yassig on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glitter178

Postby glitter178 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Yassig wrote:If you haven't cracked the Bibles, stop PTing temporarily and get back to the basics. There's no point going through the tests if your approach is wrong. Go through the Bibles, learn the tools for each of the questions, then go back to PTing. Drill, drill, and drill some more and you'll become a pro in no time.

+1. then, when you do finally get to the point where you've done all the tests, do them again.

deblaw

Postby deblaw » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Yassig wrote:If you haven't cracked the Bibles, stop PTing temporarily and get back to the basics. There's no point going through the tests if your approach is wrong. Go through the Bibles, learn the tools for each of the questions, then go back to PTing. Drill, drill, and drill some more and you'll become a pro in no time.

Also, how are you approaching your studying? After you take a PT, how are you reviewing? Are you following a certain method for studying? LSATBlog and Pithypike's Guide are great ways for setting yourself up to "get" the material. But again, stop trying to take tests until you've got the basics down pat. Then build up to it again.

This is a great advice. When I think about it, I don't think I actually know the basics of the LSAT. lol. All i did was taking the exams over and over again.
Ok, so, from tomorrow, the bible it is.
Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”