Battery powered pencil sharpeners

Battery powered pencil sharpeners

Postby countercouper » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 am

Are small, battery powered pencil sharpeners (like this one: ... B00006IEIF) allowed on test day?

I'm still stunned you can't use mechanical pencils. I haven't used wooden pencils since the third grade. Given how draconian the rules are, I wouldn't be surprised if certain pencil sharpeners were banned too.

Re: Pencil sharpeners

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 am

Agreed on the wooden pencil bullshit. I couldn't even remember the last time I used wooden pencils.

Re: Battery powered pencil sharpeners

Postby incompetentia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 am

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that your pencil sharpener has to be manual.

Postby fatduck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 am

obvious advertisement

Postby Kurst » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:16 am

LSAC wrote:Electronic devices, including cell phones, are not permitted in the test center, and the use of any electronic device is strictly prohibited. Any test taker discovered in possession of an electronic device, including but not limited to cell phones, pay phones, pagers, iPods™ or other media players, or personal computers, will be dismissed from the test. This policy will be enforced from the time test takers arrive at the test center until they leave at the conclusion of the test—including the break. Violations will be grounds for score cancellation. LSAC and test center staff assume no responsibility for personal items.

Postby Jeffort » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:01 am

fatduck wrote:obvious advertisement

Yeah, Panasonic resorted to trolling TLS to sell more pencil sharpeners. Image

As to the question, no not allowed since it is electric. Keep in mind that you are allowed to bring in as many #2 pencils that you can fit into a one gallon zip-lock bag with your other essentials.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”