Picking up the LSAT after months off... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ND'10

New

Picking up the LSAT after months off...

Post by ND'10 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I got a 168 back in October and am shooting for t14 schools in the '12 cycle. I was consistently testing in the low 170s before the exam but a number of factors (burning myself out studying the two weeks before the test, freezing on the first logic game, a marching band-yes it was my fault for not checking that it was the day of the test center's homecoming football game- distracting me for half of a section) contributed to me scoring about 3-4 points below what I hoped.

My score certainly wasn't the end of the world, so I was non-committal on re-taking. After learning more about how getting a 170-172 not only could be the difference between me getting into the school I want but thousands of dollars in scholarship money, I've decided to re-take in June after months of not touching any LSAT material.

Anyone else try to pick up the LSAT after months of not touching the material? I did three sections this past weekend (2 LR and 1 CR) and to my surprise did pretty well. While I didn't touch any LSAT material, since October I became a big reader of The Economist and have been working 50 hour consulting weeks, so my mind has been very active. Trying to gear it back up this week, and get back into full gear for the two months before the test, careful not to burn out again. Interested in hearing others' experiences.

ly2010

Bronze

Re: Picking up the LSAT after months off...

Post by ly2010 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:26 am

I am in the same boat. I studied for two months for the October test but decided to take the June LSAT. I am using the LSAT Blog "Retake" Schedule. I started studying about a week ago but I haven't been able to keep up with it. If you already scored in the high 160s, I think it would be a good schedule. Check it out!

LSWin

New

Re: Picking up the LSAT after months off...

Post by LSWin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 am

I've taken months off several times lol. Everytime I come back I hit a new plateau. I think it's great to walk away from things like this for a while, and come back with a fresh perspective. Hopefully I take a real LSAT soon...

June 2011! Go hard or.... go home and study some more and retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”