Best LSAT Prep Courses??

arissgohari
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby arissgohari » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:05 pm

I am about to start studying for the LSAT and would like to take a course to just get a better understanding of it. What are the best LSAT Prep Courses?

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Kurst wrote:This question has been asked and answered.

Best LSAT Classroom Prep Course
What's the best LSAT prep company?
LSAT Prep Courses - Who's the best and WHY?
Best LSAT Prep Class
I would like to get some advice on the best prep course
What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160
Honest Comparison of LSAT prep Course - Your feedback
Which Prep Class?
Which class and the length of class
Which Prep Class to Take?
Best LSAT Prep.
HOW MANY TOOK A LSAT PREP COURSE BEFORE TAKING THE LSAT?
LSAT Test Prep Courses
best prep class
Best course for Advanced LSAT preparation?
Review of LSAT Prep Courses
One More LSAT Prep Question...Kaplan vs. Princeton vs. None
Princeton Review v. Kaplan v. PowerScore??
LSAT Class - Testmasters, Kaplan, or Princeton REview
Blueprint vs. TestMasters vs. Powerscore
Princeton Review v. Kaplan v. PowerScore??
Blueprint Online Course vs Kaplan or Atlas Classroom Course
What are the best LSAT prep books and courses?
Best prep-course
OKAY!! definitively who has the best LSAT prep course??

If, after reading the above threads, you are still unsure which prep course is for you, you may find the following threads helpful:

Kaplan
Kaplan Advanced class...thoughts?
kaplan course for $11000?
Kaplan course worth $1398 for high score
Are Kaplan courses really that awful?
Kraplan vs. Powerscore
lsat prep classes..is kaplan that awful?
KAPLAN (&@#($
Why Kaplan Sucks.
Do PR & Kap really suck that much?
Is Kaplan really that bad?
My problem with Kaplan - is Powerscore really different?
Kaplan Course Sucks (Houston edition!!)
Kaplan Sucks!
Does Kaplan really suck
From a Kaplan Teacher, Please Don't Use Kaplan
do kaplan teachers take a real lsat before they teach?

Princeton Review
Princeton Review prep course?
Anyone have any thoughts on the Princeton Review prep course
lsat test prep companies, a question from a teacher [discussion on why Princeton Review gets a bad rap]

Testmasters
Testmasters
How much did Testmasters help you? (First diag to 4th diag)
before / after testmasters
? about Testmasters
testmasters: online or classroom??
Testmasters class and AA
Powerscore Bible Trilogy + Testmasters prep course???

Powerscore
planning to take Powerscore's LSAT Full Length Course. help?
PowerScore Virtual Course?
LSAT PowerScore Virtual Course
Powerscore weekend class

Testmasters vs. Powerscore
Powerscore vs. Testmasters LSAT Course?
How to over prepare for LSAT? [note: Testmasters vs Powerscore]
Compare Powerscore vs. Testmasters--Please Help!
Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses
LSAT PREP: Powerscore vs. testmasters
Powerscore vs. Testmasters LSAT Course?
LSAT Prep Course--- Testmasters vs Powerscore Homework???
Testmaster's course vs. powerscore comments
TestMasters or PowerScore
Testmasters vs. Powerscore - Worth the extra $300?
Testwell, Powerscore or Testmasters?
Powerscore or Test master
testmasters course vs. powerscore LR bible

Blueprint
Blueprint
Blueprint vs PowerScore
Blueprint: The Movie vs. Powerscore
BluePrint vs. Powerscore
Help me distinguish the two and choose

Knewton
Knewton Test Prep-any good?
Anyone use Knewton LSAT?
Knewton LSAT course?
Knewton LSAT Prep
Knewton LSAT prep [#2]
Knewton LSAT Prep [#3]

youarereadingthis
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby youarereadingthis » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:16 am

99.9luft wrote:
Kurst wrote:This question has been asked and answered.

Best LSAT Classroom Prep Course
What's the best LSAT prep company?
LSAT Prep Courses - Who's the best and WHY?
Best LSAT Prep Class
I would like to get some advice on the best prep course
What's the best LSAT course? Previous score 160
Honest Comparison of LSAT prep Course - Your feedback
Which Prep Class?
Which class and the length of class
Which Prep Class to Take?
Best LSAT Prep.
HOW MANY TOOK A LSAT PREP COURSE BEFORE TAKING THE LSAT?
LSAT Test Prep Courses
best prep class
Best course for Advanced LSAT preparation?
Review of LSAT Prep Courses
One More LSAT Prep Question...Kaplan vs. Princeton vs. None
Princeton Review v. Kaplan v. PowerScore??
LSAT Class - Testmasters, Kaplan, or Princeton REview
Blueprint vs. TestMasters vs. Powerscore
Princeton Review v. Kaplan v. PowerScore??
Blueprint Online Course vs Kaplan or Atlas Classroom Course
What are the best LSAT prep books and courses?
Best prep-course
OKAY!! definitively who has the best LSAT prep course??

If, after reading the above threads, you are still unsure which prep course is for you, you may find the following threads helpful:

Kaplan
Kaplan Advanced class...thoughts?
kaplan course for $11000?
Kaplan course worth $1398 for high score
Are Kaplan courses really that awful?
Kraplan vs. Powerscore
lsat prep classes..is kaplan that awful?
KAPLAN (&@#($
Why Kaplan Sucks.
Do PR & Kap really suck that much?
Is Kaplan really that bad?
My problem with Kaplan - is Powerscore really different?
Kaplan Course Sucks (Houston edition!!)
Kaplan Sucks!
Does Kaplan really suck
From a Kaplan Teacher, Please Don't Use Kaplan
do kaplan teachers take a real lsat before they teach?

Princeton Review
Princeton Review prep course?
Anyone have any thoughts on the Princeton Review prep course
lsat test prep companies, a question from a teacher [discussion on why Princeton Review gets a bad rap]

Testmasters
Testmasters
How much did Testmasters help you? (First diag to 4th diag)
before / after testmasters
? about Testmasters
testmasters: online or classroom??
Testmasters class and AA
Powerscore Bible Trilogy + Testmasters prep course???

Powerscore
planning to take Powerscore's LSAT Full Length Course. help?
PowerScore Virtual Course?
LSAT PowerScore Virtual Course
Powerscore weekend class

Testmasters vs. Powerscore
Powerscore vs. Testmasters LSAT Course?
How to over prepare for LSAT? [note: Testmasters vs Powerscore]
Compare Powerscore vs. Testmasters--Please Help!
Powerscore vs. Testmasters Online Prep Courses
LSAT PREP: Powerscore vs. testmasters
Powerscore vs. Testmasters LSAT Course?
LSAT Prep Course--- Testmasters vs Powerscore Homework???
Testmaster's course vs. powerscore comments
TestMasters or PowerScore
Testmasters vs. Powerscore - Worth the extra $300?
Testwell, Powerscore or Testmasters?
Powerscore or Test master
testmasters course vs. powerscore LR bible

Blueprint
Blueprint
Blueprint vs PowerScore
Blueprint: The Movie vs. Powerscore
BluePrint vs. Powerscore
Help me distinguish the two and choose

Knewton
Knewton Test Prep-any good?
Anyone use Knewton LSAT?
Knewton LSAT course?
Knewton LSAT Prep
Knewton LSAT prep [#2]
Knewton LSAT Prep [#3]



Ok let's not get our panties in a twist. He's a first time poster. I personally recommend testmasters. I cannot comment on Manhatten LSAT or Powerscore, but stay away from Kaplan at all costs.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby Jack Smirks » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:20 am

youarereadingthis wrote:Ok let's not get our panties in a twist. He's a first time poster. I personally recommend testmasters. I cannot comment on Manhatten LSAT or Powerscore, but stay away from Kaplan at all costs.

Yeah but I think we need to encourage using the search function, it gets a little ridiculous having 4398572034875 threads answering this exact question.

liltay357
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby liltay357 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 am

To each its own,

But I can say I went up 20 pts with Kaplan. Its all about the time and effort you are going to put into prep. No one else offers the higher score gaurantee that Kaplan does. Essentially you can take the course twice. i.e. if you pay for the extreme course you can get 8 hrs of private tutoring instead of 4.

You get new materials and everything for free.

Just FYI

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby tomwatts » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 pm

liltay357 wrote:No one else offers the higher score gaurantee that Kaplan does.

Princeton Review has an identical guarantee. The guarantee seems to elicit some scorn from TLSers, because no one plans to retake, but a lot of people end up retaking who never expected to do so, and the guarantees do help people.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby suspicious android » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 pm

tomwatts wrote:Princeton Review has an identical guarantee. The guarantee seems to elicit some scorn from TLSers, because no one plans to retake, but a lot of people end up retaking who never expected to do so, and the guarantees do help people.


If it's not a money back guarantee, it just doesn't mean that much, and stretches the meaning of the word "guarantee." Basically, if you attend every class, take every practice test and do all the homework and yet still don't improve at all, then they'll let you take the same course that you got nothing out of again. I've taught for a couple years now, I really don't know if I've ever had anyone meet those criteria. If I did, I would be really hesitant to recommend taking the class again.

If there are companies that offer money back guarantees, that's pretty cool.

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby tomwatts » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:16 pm

suspicious android wrote:
tomwatts wrote:Princeton Review has an identical guarantee. The guarantee seems to elicit some scorn from TLSers, because no one plans to retake, but a lot of people end up retaking who never expected to do so, and the guarantees do help people.


If it's not a money back guarantee, it just doesn't mean that much, and stretches the meaning of the word "guarantee." Basically, if you attend every class, take every practice test and do all the homework and yet still don't improve at all, then they'll let you take the same course that you got nothing out of again. I've taught for a couple years now, I really don't know if I've ever had anyone meet those criteria. If I did, I would be really hesitant to recommend taking the class again.

If there are companies that offer money back guarantees, that's pretty cool.

There are several parts to the guarantee, one of which is money back. If your score literally doesn't improve at all, you get your money back. This, uh, never happens, though. (I mean, I've seen it twice, in my seven years of teaching. Both were really bizarre cases.)

If you're not satisfied with your score — whatever it is — then you get a free refresher. I've seen people use this who've gotten 10-point improvements but wanted 20-point improvements, or that kind of thing.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby citykitty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm going to say that IMO Blueprint is totally worth it so far, and I haven't even finished the course yet. My diagnostic was 157 (Oct 2010), and the 2 PTs I did yesterday and today were 171 (PT 30 something, June 2002) and 172 (PT 58, Sept 2009). I'm only about halfway through their movie, which is their online course. And, at $800, it's far cheaper than several options. I live in a remote, small town, so I was mostly looking at online options for prep.

liltay357
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby liltay357 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 pm

PR makes you pay a "administrative" retake fee last I checked and you also dont get new resources. I started off in the LSAT Extreme course for Kaplan and made it my goal to get into the Advanced course which covers more difficult material and moves at a faster pace as the the class is 158 score qualified.

Kaplan owns Manhattan LSAT btw.

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 pm

liltay357 wrote:Kaplan owns Manhattan LSAT btw.

Though we operate separately.

Sort of like Pixar and Disney (though I had to feverishly google that as I'm not sure if Disney dictates Pixar content or Policy, which Kaplan does not do with us).

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Best LSAT Prep Courses??

Postby tomwatts » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:54 pm

liltay357 wrote:PR makes you pay a "administrative" retake fee last I checked and you also dont get new resources.

The retake fee is under the Readiness Guarantee. If you don't feel ready for the test (and don't sit for it), then you pay a small fee (I want to say $300) to retake the course. Under the Satisfaction Guarantee, if you actually sit for the test and aren't satisfied with your score (or if you cancel), then the retake is free.

Getting new books, etc., is a local policy. Around here (Berkeley, CA), you get a complimentary fresh set of books, although apparently that's not true everywhere. (Sometimes you get charged a materials fee if you want new books.)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], qemini1594 and 6 guests