In-House Explanations for Lsat Questions ...

MacyGray

In-House Explanations for Lsat Questions ...

Postby MacyGray » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site but hopefully some of you might be able to help me out with the following question ... I want to take the test in September but I'm starting to do research now ... I know more or less which Prep Test companies have overall great reps but I was wondering if test prep companies have their own in-house explanations for questions on the LSAT and if so, which set of in-house explanations are in the top tier? If any current or former students could chip in on their experience I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help in advance

youarereadingthis

Re: In-House Explanations for Lsat Questions ...

Postby youarereadingthis » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 am

I fully recommend Testmasters without hesitation. Avoid Kaplan no matter what.

I cannot comment on Princeton Review, Manhatten LSAT, or Powerscore.

There is no "in house explanations" for testmasters. They do have their own notation format to explain answers and tackle questions, but they don't teach "tricks' or "shortcuts". They focus on the logic and fundamentals. They can explain any question from every angle and all the instructors are in the top 2% of test takers on real LSATs. There is nothing more that any other class offers, yet many classes offer less.

Regardless, it is a tough exam, and no class will make it easy. But I've never seen anything stump my testmasters professor, nor has he ever been unclear in the explanation to an answer. It's as good as it gets as far as classes go.

SanDiegoJake

Postby SanDiegoJake » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Princeton Review has answers and explanations for every LSAT question ever, grouped by preptest, in the Online Student Center, which is available to students 24/7. Give me a logical reasoning question (include the test #, the section #, and the question #) and I'll post the Princeton Review explanation so you can judge for yourself.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

I wrote a bunch of free LG explanations here, and there are some paid LR explanations here, which you can access whether you're taking a course or not.

MacyGray

Postby MacyGray » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 am

Sorry for the late response but thank you all for replying ...

SanDiego Jake ... I actually haven't started prepping yet but when I do I will PM you with a question that is giving me trouble ... More than likely, I will probably only be interested in the Logical Reasoning or Reading Comprehension explanations as I have had exposure to the games due to a logic course that I took

Lsat Blog ... the LR explanations look promising ... thanks for the link ... it's nice to have in my back pocket in case I need it

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 pm

We allow the public to view our explanations (and ask questions) on our forums. Have fun.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”