Something I've noticed about DIFFICULT LR questions

sangr

Something I've noticed about DIFFICULT LR questions

Postby sangr » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 pm

ok so we all know pracitcing lsat over and over makes us less prone to getting the easier questions wrong, thus we practice over and over.

However what I've noticed for the harder questions is that, practice is NOT as useful because
of its difficulty. What im saying is that these LSAC people deliberately make it somewhat different or just plain tricky and difficult so that practicing these questions dont hold as much "value" as it does say....the typical assumption question.

So MY main question is...are the HARDER LR questions also a matter of practice, so that we can somewhat find a "pattern" to these hard ass questions? or are they exactly what ive been sayin they are, anomalies, so that practicing them does not really make us less prone to getting them wrong...other than maybe the benefit of our getting used to difficult LR questions?

im just trying to find a way to squeeze those last few points out but its hard when those questions are weird as hell.

Kurst

Re: Something I've noticed about DIFFICULT LR questions

Postby Kurst » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:17 am

sangr wrote:ok so we all know pracitcing lsat over and over makes us less prone to getting the easier questions wrong, thus we practice over and over.

However what I've noticed for the harder questions is that, practice is NOT as useful because
of its difficulty. What im saying is that these LSAC people deliberately make it somewhat different or just plain tricky and difficult so that practicing these questions dont hold as much "value" as it does say....the typical assumption question.

So MY main question is...are the HARDER LR questions [are] also a matter of practice, so that we can somewhat find a "pattern" to these hard ass questions[.] or are they exactly what ive been sayin they are, anomalies, so that practicing them does not really make us less prone to getting them wrong ...other than maybe the benefit of our getting used to difficult LR questions?

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Kurst wrote:
sangr wrote:ok so we all know pracitcing lsat over and over makes us less prone to getting the easier questions wrong, thus we practice over and over.

So MY main question is...are the HARDER LR questions [are] also a matter of practice, so that we can somewhat find a "pattern" to these hard ass questions[.] or are they exactly what ive been sayin they are, anomalies, so that practicing them does not really make us less prone to getting them wrong ...other than maybe the benefit of our getting used to difficult LR questions?

+1. Using assumption questions as an example, I found one recently that made the assumption between 2 premises (as opposed to a premise and the conclusion). I got it wrong b/c I was so focused on the standard relationship. I now know that this is possible and will look for this pattern in future. In other words, this was a hard question and I learned how it worked and how to attack it. I dare the LSAT to try that again- b/c that'll just be an easy point for me.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Kurst wrote:

TITCR

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”