Best Virtual Program? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alexonfyre

Bronze

Best Virtual Program?

Post by alexonfyre » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 am

So I am really a classroom learner, I do best with an instructor and a notepad in front of me, however none of the good prep classes (Powerscore or Testmasters) have any prep classes in Louisiana, because this state doesn't like to teach people anything. So I am hoping you guys can point me towards the best online program to boost my score for June. Also, if there are any classroom courses in LA that I am not considering (for the love of god, Kaplan and PR do not count) feel free to fill me in. Right now I am considering doing Powerscore Online and then doing the Powerscore weekend class in New Orleans in May.

Background:
No prep other than a PT and part of a Kaplan book, PT was 172, Took test in Feb. and got a 166. Need to retake due to (extremely) low GPA and high probability of increasing that score with proper training.

Thanks for the help guys!

bluemanblueman

New

Re: Best Virtual Program?

Post by bluemanblueman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 am

alexonfyre wrote:So I am really a classroom learner, I do best with an instructor and a notepad in front of me, however none of the good prep classes (Powerscore or Testmasters) have any prep classes in Louisiana, because this state doesn't like to teach people anything. So I am hoping you guys can point me towards the best online program to boost my score for June. Also, if there are any classroom courses in LA that I am not considering (for the love of god, Kaplan and PR do not count) feel free to fill me in. Right now I am considering doing Powerscore Online and then doing the Powerscore weekend class in New Orleans in May.

Background:
No prep other than a PT and part of a Kaplan book, PT was 172, Took test in Feb. and got a 166. Need to retake due to (extremely) low GPA and high probability of increasing that score with proper training.

I did the Kaplan course and I felt as though it was a waste of money. Fortunately I had a friend who used Knewton prep. He gave me his password and it was all up hill after that. I'm not saying that this is going for happen for you, but I personally jumped 12 to 13 points in 3 months after working with this program. Also I didn't score a 172 on any practice test so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt lol. The instructors on the program were good, and there was a substantial amount of lsat practice material available. Good luck!

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 am

bluemanblueman wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:So I am really a classroom learner, I do best with an instructor and a notepad in front of me, however none of the good prep classes (Powerscore or Testmasters) have any prep classes in Louisiana, because this state doesn't like to teach people anything. So I am hoping you guys can point me towards the best online program to boost my score for June. Also, if there are any classroom courses in LA that I am not considering (for the love of god, Kaplan and PR do not count) feel free to fill me in. Right now I am considering doing Powerscore Online and then doing the Powerscore weekend class in New Orleans in May.

Background:

I did the Kaplan course and I felt as though it was a waste of money. Fortunately I had a friend who used Knewton prep. He gave me his password and it was all up hill after that. I'm not saying that this is going for happen for you, but I personally jumped 12 to 13 points in 3 months after working with this program. Also I didn't score a 172 on any practice test so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt lol. The instructors on the program were good, and there was a substantial amount of lsat practice material available. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll have a look

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:32 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”